Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2012, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems

I have been buying and driving cars for 55 years and this is the first car that I have had this many problems with. This is my last GM automobile that I will buy. I will try to state all my problems in this post if I don't run out of room. # 1 GM lied to GM cruze customers when they said that the Cruze could be towed all four wheels down as it says in the owners manual which GM revised 2 months after I bought the car. I purchased the cruze to pull behind motorhome. # 2 Recall, the cruze may catch on fire from a build up of oil in skid pan. GM repaired. # 3 No brakes when backing up sometimes. Never knew when it would happen and this is life threating . GM repaired after 2 trys. #4 Transmission oil leak ,which luckly I found on garage floor before taking out on long trip which would have wiped out the trans. # 5 Coolant leak which required the water pump to be replaced and could have wiped out the motor if I had not found # 6 Terrible wind or rattle noise on drivers side. GM says outside mirror needs insulation? Part is ordered may or maynot fix the problem per GM. I asked the dealership Shottenkirk FT Madison IA to replace the car at no cost to me but the manager said no and that I would have to deal with GM which is I don't want to be bothered with your problems responce. This car has only 32,000 miles on it and is a piece of junk. I'am going to pursuit a LEMON law lawsuit with a Chicago attorney firm. I'am told that the 2012 Cruze doesn't have as many problems?
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Hi there.
I have a 2011 cruze and have been having similar brake problems and its been in for warranty work multiple times and they say it don't happen when they drive it so they can't fix it. I was just curious as to what they did to yours to fix the problem?
It would be a great help.
Thanks
Old July 31st, 2013, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Another great Diesel Cruze Review: Auto Dealer Daily: 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Available in Diesel? - Review
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Brakes quit working on Chevy Cruz

Originally Posted by a.lei
Hi there.
I have a 2011 cruze and have been having similar brake problems and its been in for warranty work multiple times and they say it don't happen when they drive it so they can't fix it. I was just curious as to what they did to yours to fix the problem?
It would be a great help.
Thanks

Was this problem ever resolved? My daughter's Cruz is having similar problems after 13,000 miles. The pads and rotors look fine, and the brake fluid is fine, but the brakes intermittently cut out. Sometimes it stops ok, and sometimes not. It was intermittent at first, but now getting worse. I'm going to try the dealer, but wanted to know if this was a common issue with this model. 13,000 miles is to low to be having brake issues in my opinion.
Old August 12th, 2013, 2:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Aldee
Was this problem ever resolved? My daughter's Cruz is having similar problems after 13,000 miles. The pads and rotors look fine, and the brake fluid is fine, but the brakes intermittently cut out. Sometimes it stops ok, and sometimes not. It was intermittent at first, but now getting worse. I'm going to try the dealer, but wanted to know if this was a common issue with this model. 13,000 miles is to low to be having brake issues in my opinion.
Hello Aldee,

Welcome to the forum! Happy to have you and your daughter as part of the Chevy family. This is a great way to stay connected with other Chevy owners. I apologize your daughter is experiencing brake issues with her Cruze. We do not want your daughter to feel unsafe while driving her vehicle. I see you are going to the dealer for this issue. Please let us know how everything goes. We want to stay involved throughout this process and assist you. We can be contacted via private message and continue to interact that way. If you PM us, please include your daughters contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Aldee,

Welcome to the forum! Happy to have you and your daughter as part of the Chevy family. This is a great way to stay connected with other Chevy owners. I apologize your daughter is experiencing brake issues with her Cruze. We do not want your daughter to feel unsafe while driving her vehicle. I see you are going to the dealer for this issue. Please let us know how everything goes. We want to stay involved throughout this process and assist you. We can be contacted via private message and continue to interact that way. If you PM us, please include your daughters contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Pretty sure that's a drone.
Old October 25th, 2013, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

My son is having this coolant smell Problem and they say it they can't find the problem.....

His 2011 Chevy Cruze has been in the shop since Sept 16th and the problem

Is still not fixed. They called him this morning and told

Him to come get it, it is fixed.That's what they say every time they want him to

Come get it....

This after three water pumps,

Three A/C Compressors and changed coils several times. The car also sometimes

Looses power and then surges...

It is still under warranty and they will

Not do any thing about it... I have searched the web, and there are so many

Complaints on this car.. My son bought this

Car In March of this year, CERTIFIED PRE OWNED with 35,000 miles on it and it.

They bought an extra Bumper to Bumper Warranty, and that is the warranty it is

On now.

Has been in the shop more than it has been at their home....I am trying to help him figure this out and find

All I can on these cars. I came across a NEWS report and thought it might be helpful.

I have sent The report to my son...

He needs help with finding a Solution and he does not know where to turn. GM has not been helpful.

They keep saying they have done their Due Dilligence by trying to fix the car.

In Springfield ,MO

I am in Idaho, and just a mom trying to help..

Thought this video may be helpful to some one else...with the same problem Sounds like a bad Heater core and

seals to me...

Drivers report nauseating stench in Chevy Cruze | www.wsbtv.com
Old October 25th, 2013, 6:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

MarianR,

I am sorry to hear your son has had this experience with his Cruze. I would like to look further into this for you. Can you please private message me his name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of the Chevrolet dealership he is working with currently? I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 20th, 2014, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

My daughters 2011cruze keeps saying it is overheating n turning off the ac. The first time the replaced the sensor. The next time the water pump. Now it is in shop again. Last night it revved up the engine so high it was so scary for her on her way home from work. It said it was overheated but the temp gauge said normal then immediately jump all the way to hot. It only took a little water but didn't seem to be overheated. What's the deal with this car?
Old March 7th, 2014, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

My wife's 2011 Cruze had all the recalls done to it. This morning she started the car and there was a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust. And not from the cold. Plus there was a smell of something burning. She shut it off and waited a minute and started it again and it stopped. All the work is done at the dealer. What would be causing the heavy smoke and burning smell from the exhaust.

Quick Reply: 2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems