Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems

Old April 8th, 2014, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up GM is not taking care of cruze problem

To many problems is rite, my cruze has been back to dealer so many times i cant come up with the number off my mind, but it is 2011 LS, tranny,coolant,leaks,something burning smells like rubber, loss of brake baking up cuasing car to go off curb and smashing rocker panel, traction control, overheate(3 times had replaced the thermostat) we never know if we will make it home with car when we leave the house it is not even close to the feeling of having a safe car, the tranny keeps going on the blink never can tell how it will shift very jerky shifting, i noticed several replies from GM and there "customer care" im sickk of staring at a service man at dealer getting the answer there is nothing we can do , we have to call gm, yeah dont seem like gm cares, so i will also be taking action, sadest part is joe biden used the cruze in his speech about how good americas economic comeback, maybe i should call him and ask if he will be retracting his comment " building great cars like the chevy cruze" Sorry Mr. Biden you are wrong the cruze is not a great car it is a dangerous car in many ways and not only safety wise.
Old April 9th, 2014, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

First off.. 2011 is the cruze's first year being made and with any other automaker its probably going to have issues. The more years that go by from the first year it was made theless likely for there to be issues. People Chevrolets are great cars but think What if you had to build a car from the ground up?
Old April 11th, 2014, 6:31 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Is There Lemon Laws In Canada? Shame on GM!!

Good-Day To All, I have been having nothing but continuous problems with my 2011 Chevy Cruze. It is once again in the shop for the 4th time for the same problem. It starts off with a burning smell, then a message "AC turned off due to high engine temp" (even though AC in not on, as it is winter in NB), sudden lurching when I take my foot off the brake, engine fan sounds like it is in over drive & doing 150 km's an hr, engine light goes on & stays on, wants to accelerate on it's own, hesitation when I try to accelerate then when it kicks in, it's like a bullet. The first 2 times they gave me random excuses & replaced parts, as they were grasping at straws. The last time it was in, it was there for 10 days waiting on parts. It is once again failing exactly like the last 3 times, but this time they are now telling me that the housing unit for the coolant is cracked. My major issue is, it's always the same problems with different excuses. Obviously there is a major flaw somewhere which is causing all of this. Replacing parts bit by bit seems like a Band-Aid instead of figuring out the major cause & addressing it. It's always, "we have to go off the code it's giving us", which means replacing part after part with the same groundhog day effect a short time later. Once I do get it back, I now have to sell it because it is definitely not reliable & I can no longer handle the constant problems mentally. It is making me crazy. My warranty will soon be up & I'll be stuck with this gorgeous car that is appearing to be more and more of a lemon every day. Highly depressing to say the least. Any others out there having the same problems? Is there any avenues I can take to address the big picture, rather than all these band-aids? Thank-you for listening.

Last edited by Cindy D; April 11th, 2014 at 6:40 AM. Reason: forgot the title
Old April 11th, 2014, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

I hear you totally. The 4 times has been in less than a year! I just can't win & yes, twice they changed the thermostat saying it was sticking. But, it's the same problems every single time. The car can not be trusted. When I say lurching at stop lights, fi someone was unfamiliar with the car, they'd be hitting the car in front of them because it jumps so badly. Do you know if there are any lemon laws in Canada to protect us? I do not want to be stuck every 3 mths after my warranty is up paying through the nose for the same problems.
Old April 11th, 2014, 7:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cindy D
My warranty will soon be up & I'll be stuck with this gorgeous car that is appearing to be more and more of a lemon every day. Highly depressing to say the least. Any others out there having the same problems? Is there any avenues I can take to address the big picture, rather than all these band-aids? Thank-you for listening.
Have you looked into an extended warranty?
Old April 11th, 2014, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Forget Extended Warranty- I'm Selling Death Trap!!!

I will not put any further money out to GM, therefor, refuse to buy their extended warranty. Once it comes out of the shop this time, it's going up for sale and I'm buying a foreign make. The 2011 Chevy Cruze is a lemon in my mind & I am talking with GM HQ over all the issues & recording the calls. As, if I turn up dead because of this car, there will be recorded calls & a paper trail to prove I've tried for over a year to have this problem fixed once and for all. It is a hazard!!! Any car that shoots like a rocket once your foot comes off the brake, in my mind, is a death trap waiting to happen. The car obviously needs a new power train, as the band-aids aren't working. I had to pay out $600 in repairs just 5 weeks ago, which I feel is a direct cause from all these problems I've been having. I had to have both trans cooler lines replaced due to an improper crimp (not my fault - but had to pay $600.), plus, fluid leaking from under the trans. They replaced seals, gaskets, nuts & topped up all fluid. Yet, five weeks later, here I am again in the shop awaiting parts.

Last edited by Cindy D; April 11th, 2014 at 8:33 AM. Reason: forgot the $600 repair work
Old April 12th, 2014, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Well, You could have instead of forking out all this money could have gotten a new car and just be done with it.... The Cruze is a Great car. say All cruzes are lemons is being a stereotype. My grandma had a cruze never had an issue. If all of you people who are complaining about GM won't do this or It won't get fixed, Buy a new or used car. get a Nissan, get a Toyota, or A Chrysler jeep or dodge.

^ lady above me... Good job.
Old April 13th, 2014, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Only The 2011 Models

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I should never have bought the first model out. Far too many glitches & recalls. I don't hear much about the newer models though. There just seems to be certain 2011 models that GM knows are constant problems, with major glitches & just can't seem to get a grip on them, or there just waiting for our warranties to be up, then we are on our own. As far as I'm concerned, 4 times with the same issue in less than a year is a major flaw that we shouldn't be stuck with. If there was a permanent solution to this that they could guarantee me no more problems....I'd keep the car in a heartbeat. I spent a fortune on it & have every bell and whistle available, plus, it was my first brand new car ever, and I'm pushing 50. So, I'm feeling a little ripped off after just 3 yrs. with it. The car & interior still look like brand new, it's a real shame I tell you.
Old April 16th, 2014, 9:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Cindy,

I apologize for any frustrations. I understand that you have some concerns with your Cruze. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be glad to look further into this for you. Please send us a private message referencing this thread if any extra help is needed. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 26th, 2014, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Angry GM's Solution

Well, after speaking with the head office, their solution.......they will give me an additional $1500. on top of whatever specials the dealership will offer, to go towards a new vehicle!!! WTF!!! This is a 3 yr old car that I paid in the $30 000 price range & they expect me to just go out and buy a new car. Give me a break. If and when we are ever able to afford another new vehicle for me, it definitely will NOT be a GM product!!!! Pretty bad when they feel the solution to a 3 yr old car being in the shop repeatedly, is just to buy a new one. I have a 3 hr drive to go to my 2 Grandbabies birthday party coming up. So help me, if I break down on the highway & miss it, I will have CTV News with me & I will give them head office's extension so they can personally speak to them & ask them why???? My car is fixed for the 4th time, the 5th time will be my final straw & GM's last chance to correct a major flaw in their cooling systems on the 2011 model. People do not have disposable cash, especially when they are retired!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems