Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems

Old April 26th, 2014, 4:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Cindy D,

We do apologize for the frustration caused. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I have documented your concern and feedback in our database. We rely heavily on loyal customers, and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by Cindy D
Well, after speaking with the head office, their solution.......they will give me an additional $1500. on top of whatever specials the dealership will offer, to go towards a new vehicle!!! WTF!!! This is a 3 yr old car that I paid in the $30 000 price range & they expect me to just go out and buy a new car. Give me a break. If and when we are ever able to afford another new vehicle for me, it definitely will NOT be a GM product!!!! Pretty bad when they feel the solution to a 3 yr old car being in the shop repeatedly, is just to buy a new one. I have a 3 hr drive to go to my 2 Grandbabies birthday party coming up. So help me, if I break down on the highway & miss it, I will have CTV News with me & I will give them head office's extension so they can personally speak to them & ask them why???? My car is fixed for the 4th time, the 5th time will be my final straw & GM's last chance to correct a major flaw in their cooling systems on the 2011 model. People do not have disposable cash, especially when they are retired!!!!
Old April 27th, 2014, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after speaking with the head office, their solution.......they will give me an additional $1500. on top of whatever specials the dealership will offer, to go towards a new vehicle!!! WTF!!! This is a 3 yr old car that I paid in the $30 000 price range & they expect me to just go out and buy a new car. Give me a break. If and when we are ever able to afford another new vehicle for me, it definitely will NOT be a GM product!!!! Pretty bad when they feel the solution to a 3 yr old car being in the shop repeatedly, is just to buy a new one. I have a 3 hr drive to go to my 2 Grandbabies birthday party coming up. So help me, if I break down on the highway & miss it, I will have CTV News with me & I will give them head office's extension so they can personally speak to them & ask them why???? My car is fixed for the 4th time, the 5th time will be my final straw & GM's last chance to correct a major flaw in their cooling systems on the 2011 model. People do not have disposable cash, especially when they are retired!!!!
If it ain't gm I suggest Chrysler and dodge. And clearly the car has way to many problems to be fixed so its better just to buy a new car or used car. The 2011 cruze is going to have issues because it was the first production year it was made and like you and me. At first things seem hard to do but once you get a hang of it, its easy. Trust me if you got a 2014 cruze it would most likely not to have iissues.

Last edited by Marcusthechevyguy; April 27th, 2014 at 9:29 AM.
Old April 28th, 2014, 6:39 AM
CF Beginner

I cannot afford a new car!!! When I was medically released from the military due to a training accident, I used the settlement to buy this car!! I am unemployed & disabled!! I cannot just go out & get a new job, nor a new car. This was a 1 time deal & I thought I was doing something special for myself by treating myself to a new car. Big mistake. GM knows there is an issue with my 3 yr old car. I cannot even sell this lemon, as I do not want to rip another human being off the way GM has ripped me off. I have a conscious & to willingly sell this to an unsuspecting buyer would haunt me for life. It's not the way I operate. The next time this happens, I hope the motor just blows itself up. At this point, I feel it is worth more dead, than alive!!! Very, very disappointed in GM.
Old April 28th, 2014, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Cindy D,

We do apologize for the frustration caused. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I have documented your concern and feedback in our database. We rely heavily on loyal customers, and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
GM's only reason they take these comments seriously, is due to the almighty dollar!! For them to offer me $1500 towards a new car....give me a break! That is a slap in the face & an ignorant one at that. You can put whatever you want in your data base, as it has already been done. I phone head office each and ever time this car goes into the shop. GM does not care!! They only care about their reputation. I live in a huge military community & my problems with this 2011 are being heard by many. I will continue to tell people as I do not want other families to be ripped off. We work hard for our money, it is not disposable cash as GM may think. It will be a very cold day in hell before I ever buy a GM product again. Loyalty does not fix my car nor pay my bills!!
Old April 29th, 2014, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Well you do that. I will continue to spead the word about how the 2014 Chevy Silverado got Truck of the year. I love chevy. All because you had a bad experience with it doesn't mean you have to take it in an immature way. Or easy just look at the car your self. Get a new cooling system and have someone install it.
Old April 30th, 2014, 5:21 AM
CF Beginner

We are talking Chevy Cruz here, not the Silverado, which my husband does owes, by the way. It is not being immature, it is feeling ripped off!! You Sir, obviously have no clue what it is like to soak your savings into something & basically feel like you threw your money away.
Old May 1st, 2014, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

We are talking Chevy Cruz here, not the Silverado, which my husband does owes, by the way. It is not being immature, it is feeling ripped off!! You Sir, obviously have no clue what it is like to soak your savings into something & basically feel like you threw your money away.
Well there can't be to many components to a cooling system. Just see what the issue your self.
Old August 31st, 2014, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

I still Own my my 2011 cruze, was very frustrated in the beginning , but Gm has done a great job at covering up all the problems . with all the other problems GM has the last thing they want or can afford to do is make things right with people who bought 2011 cruze , and are stuck with it because no dealer wants it in trade and no one wants to buy it

Last edited by pissedoffatgm; August 31st, 2014 at 7:45 AM.
Old August 31st, 2014, 7:35 AM
CF Beginner

GM do the rite thing offer all 2011 cruze owners (who are able to finance , ) Gm financing on a new car????! When the car runs correctly it is a great car , but it has to many issues that keep popping up, like Cindy d. This was a one time thing for me( co signer) I make every payment on time but my car does not get me where I need to go every time , I will say the next cruze looks great I hope it does not have the same flaws
Old August 31st, 2014, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Cindy if GM offered me 1500 towards getting out of my problem riddled 2011 cruze I would jump at it , I should have bought the Malibu my bad!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Chev Cruze Brakes/trans/coolant&too many problems