Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse Lock/Rear Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2010, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traverse Lock/Rear Wiper Problem

Hi, I am a first time Chevy buyer and due our expanding family we opted to go with a 2010 Traverse 1LT. We bought Oct. 20th. and already having issues.

Intermittently the Rear windsheild wiper blade would start wiping when you used your key fob to lock vehicle or if you placed it into a gear, but the windshield wiper fluid won't work.

Now the door locks won't work and when you press the door lock button the rear wiper blade starts wiping. Kinda strange. Luckily just got into dealer service and it was still doing it so as of right now they aren't 100% sure what the problem is they think a "body control module (BCM)" and are going to replace it. They told me today "you are the only one who has had this problem, we have consulted with GM."

***UPDATE*** Dealer just called and apparently NOT the BCM, now they think there is some direct short in the rear hatch latch assembly...

***UPDATE*** 1/14/10--got call today they say it is fixed, well it apparently was a "wiper" control module shorted out. well i drive all the way home and as i get into my neighborhood I get the "Service Stabilitrack, and Service Traction Control" with the "ABS" light on the dash coming on. Now i have to take it back and have it serviced again.

So far it seem wiper/lock issue is resolved.

Any advice for a former FORD driver.

Last edited by dane54; January 14th, 2010 at 5:28 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 4:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not surprissed by that...
THough its the 1st time I hear about this problem on Traverse----
im not surprissed- as on the Trailblazers--- the wipers were somehow related to the remote control module. this module sat in the rear hatch....
Ive read a few trailblazer owners having remote issues- and the wiper also stopped working.
Old May 27th, 2010, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Hi dane54, did the dealer fix resolve the remote lock/wiper problem? We are experiencing the same thing with our traverse.
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

yes they got it fixed finally on Jan 14th of this year. They did replace one module initially thinking it was it but they finally found some other control that was "shorted" out.

"Installed 20815898 :MODULE (02560-BPCKT)"
"Unrealized 25993210 :BLOCK (02483-CT) 2599"

that is what was listed on my paperwork for parts replaced.

Hope this helps. The Dealer was Woodhouse Auto in Missouri Valley, IA if you take it in (whereever you are from) and they want consult with them.
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

I have this problem and I printed out what you had gone through, also what they had done to it to fix the problem. I spoke about this in a rear wiper thread, I should have done it here. The place where I bought my traverse, was unable to get me a loaner, being I live a distance away from them, so I chose to go to my local Chevy dealer, HUGH mistake. Even after printing out the thread from the owner of this thread and handed it to them, they said they couldnt make what was happening do what is mentioned above. NO FLIPPING DUH! It is an intermittent problem it occurs for me on hot sunny days when the car has been sitting for 7.5 hours. SO I called the dealer from where I bought the car and they made arrangments to make sure I have a loaner to use. I even went as far as to video the problem and make sure that I had this printout along with the names of the parts that were used to rectify this problem. How much easier can I make this job for the tech??? Chevy reps that watch this forum have asked that I keep them informed about how it all turns out and I will say I will never go to HORNBECK Chevrolet ever again. The service there is terrible and they didnt even say anything to me as far as sorry or kiss my ***, all they said was couldnt the dealer that you bought it from take care of you, well I was looking at the convience of it and keep some work local, not..a chevy product is a chevy product...just like tupperware is tupperware. If it dont work any rep should beable to return, in this case I have bumper to bumper and I handed the job to them on a silver platter and they lied about it and didnt do it. So lets hope that what needs to be done gets done or I am going to scream, this is a safety issue and a HUGH pain in the butt...Still love my Traverse
Old June 23rd, 2011, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

First let me say that the dealership that I took my Traverse to, and bought it from, has a great service dept. If anyone is in Scranton and needs to go to a Chevy dealer go to Tom Hesser. I know that some people have their problems with dealers, but I am so very pleased with the fact that this dept took the time to look into my situation and find that there was a service bulletin on the problem that they seem to have with the fuse block and in the list of situations that could possibly occur, due to the problem of the fuse block, my stituation was the first thing on the list. HA! So I have had the pleasure to use a brand new 2011 Chevy Cruz while I had to wait for my Traverse to get rectified and I am here to say, I personaly will never buy one of those. There are some things that I would like to have on my car, but then there are a few things that I was wondering why it didnt have these things. None the less I am very appreciative to Tom Hesser chevy for letting me use this car while they fixed mine and I want to give a HUGE pat on the back to the tech that took the time to look deep and fix what was wrong. I will give the final update on this as to what exactly had taken place, but I will be picking up my lovely black, Tenn. built Traverse tomorrow.
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

beeb1228,

I am very glad to hear that you have had such a nice experience at your dealership! I look forward to your update!

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 25th, 2011, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so I got it back and there was a a service bulletin on this problem. What it was is the fuse block has a bad connection, unfortunatly Chevy used a cheap connector that expands when it gets hot, which then brings on several different problems, one of them being mine, what they call a phantom wiper. The tech that looked into this is a good tech. He didnt give up, by just replacing parts. I did help by giving him a starting point and then he did the rest by looking into all the service bulletins. SO if anyone with a 2009 Traverse has this problem have the tech look into the service bulletins and the problem is with the connections to the fuse block. Its a crappy plastic clamp that needs to be revamped so that heat doesnt expand it. Other then that I will ask for this tech again and I will definetly go back to this dealer with my Traverse Oh and one more thing, They showed me the service bulletin, Allen Hornbeck service dept didnt even talk to me, they drove my car back behind their dealership and handed me the keys and didnt say sorry or kiss my ***...bad bad service.
Old June 27th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

beeb1228,

I am glad to hear that your technician figured out the problem with your Traverse. I would like to thank you for posting this information for others to read. Hopefully it helps anyone who happens to be experiencing this issue. If you would like to express your unpleasant experience with Allen Hornbeck, you can speak with Chevrolet Customer Assistance and they can file a complaint for you.

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 28th, 2011, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Yes please, if you dont make a statement then nothing will be done.

Quick Reply: Traverse Lock/Rear Wiper Problem