Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse Lock/Rear Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2011, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traverse Owner

I have the same problem with my 2009 Traverse. We first experienced the problem Winter 2009. Took the vehicle in summer 2010 - dealer said "no problem found." The power door locks are inoperable and the rear wiper actuates whenever you try to lock/unlock the doors with either the key fob or the inside door switches. If the vehicle was previously locked, you CANNOT open the rear doors -- someone has to crawl into the back seat to manually open the doors. Unfortunately, the problem goes away after about 10 minutes of driving. Also, the problem is very intermittent -- does not happen every morning. We took the vehicle in today and gave the dealer copies of this thread -- hopefully the dealer will diagnose the problem.
Old December 29th, 2011, 3:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> HJB_Chevy,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration with your Traverse. I am not currently showing any known problems with the wiper for Traverse vehicles. That is not to say that it isn't occurring. From reading this thread, it appears the cause/solution is different in different areas. Please keep us posted on what your dealer is able to find. I will be sure to document this information for further review.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 29th, 2011, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

I have to say ever since my chevy mechanic took car of the the plastic piece that holds the connection i have had no problem. Like I said above it only happened on days that were really hot and the plastic would expand and then once it cooled down then the problem would go away. We were calling it a phantom wiper...Good luck..I love my traverse.
Old December 30th, 2011, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Hope you get this annoying issue resolved. Our Traverse has been fine since we took it back. I don't know specifically what what replaced. The line item from my work receipt says "50 NEC TO ORDER IP FUSE BLOCK". We took ours to Bob Bell Chevrolet | Baltimore Chevrolet | Dundalk, Aberdeen Chevrolet Dealer I believe the service rep was named Kim so perhaps have your dealer give them a call if they can't figure it out.
Old December 30th, 2011, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

It isnt a problem any more. As far it effecting the wiper, this connection that would swell in the heat, also effected the locks. When you couldnt open the locks it would turn on the wiper once it would cool down then all the locks would open and no more phantom wiper. It was all due to a faulty cheap [plastic clamp. My mechanic went through all the bulletins and found a similar problem. I gave him a head start with the info I found. So instead of it costing alot of money, on Chevy of course, it cost only the labor. My problem is solved. By the way they changed out that part on the 2010 models.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

The dealer replaced the instrument panel fuse block -- The service description was "Per Document ID 2403795 Replace the instrument panel fuse block". Maybe Document ID 2403795 is a Service Bulletin? So far, after a couple of days, the problem has not occurred ! Thank you everyone for these posts ! When I printed them out and showed them to the dealer, it gave my credibility to this unusual problem description.
Old May 10th, 2014, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default fixed problem

This is for everyone with this problem I bought a a 2009 traverse and the door locks would not lock or unlock what I did was under the passenger side dash beside the fuse box there was a white box with a bunch of wires going in it and a screw in the middle I loosened the screw and popped the whole thing out it shuts down the whole car take the white plastic off and push on all wires and screw it back up in and you'll hear your power come back on this is what fixed mine the loose connection made my rear wiper kick on and I hate taking it to the dealership so I hope this helps every one else with this problem
Old October 28th, 2014, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Hi Hollywoodgride,

Could you send me a photo of the white box?

I have the same problem.

Regards,

Luis