Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

2005 Chevy suburban brake line diagram/ information

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2021, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy suburban brake line diagram/ information

So I bought a service manual off the evil bay. 2,947,352.9 pages later I still can't find a brake line diagram. I dropped the abs pump because I had a brake light on and an abs light on.
im sure both lights came on out of coincidence... No I'm in for a fun time. Found 4 snapped brake lines. 2 we're going into the abs pump and 2 I have no idea where they go or what they are coming from. Hey maybe Chevy installed 2 extra and it's all optional... No I doubt it. Any insight or answers are greatly appreciated. They are 2 lines that sit on the frame rail in a plastic harness and are directly above the abs assembly. Thanks in advance. I should mention I saved this suburban from being scrap. I bought it sight unseen and have no clue what else I will find wrong with it. I like surprises... No actually I don't. I suppose I should attach a picture.
and picture attached.

Old November 30th, 2021, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after many threads and finding a suitable diagram I found out I should not have 4 brake lines running on the frame rail. Previous owner never fully removed the old brake lines. He would have had to drop the gas tank to remove them and I guess he decided to say screw it and remove only chunks of it to suit his needs. So after a new master cylinder, a rebuilt hydro booster, many, many new brake line patches which i'm sure it will hold......
no no it won't who am I kidding, I now have just 3 dtc codes left and I'm sure it's the pcm ground on the back of the firewall.
This has been so much fun ........ No it really hasn't. That's a bold face lie. I have fat sausage fingers and I needed bony long double jointed piano fingers to get the abs module out.

Anyway my rambling is done . Have a nice day