Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

08 Uplander, oil drain plug location?

Old December 30th, 2010, 5:29 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Uplander, oil drain plug location?

Ok guys, just picked up an 08 Uplander Cargo this past weekend and it needs an oil change. I've always done my own wrenching but wanted to be certain of the oil drain location. I only ask because I don't have time to wait to order a special manual and I don't see a transmission drain plug.

I only see a 13mm drain plug about 6" behind (toward the rear of the van) the oil filter but not seeing a tranny drain, I didn't want to accidentally drain the transmission.

Also I really can't stand the supersized rear end hike, despite the cargo setup, I don't need the added lift/stiffer rear leafs. Anyone know offhand if I can simply swap out the cargo rear for the standard rear setup?

One last thing for now, does anyone know if the Cargo and passenger Uplander share the same size alternator? So far no dimming thankfully so I'm hoping I got a decent unit (or was already replaced).

Overall, it's in pretty good shape. Engine is pretty clean though underneath, there is a large flat pan that seems to be leaking (not dripping) which I thought might have been the transmission pan, but didn't see a drain plug for it. Could also be an axle seal leaking....

There's also a slight miss I think, at idle the tach will drop a tad and the vehicle has a slight rock to it so the lease company that owned the van may have never changed the plugs (if they're typical 100k OEM plugs).

I have about 2,000 miles before the 100,000 warranty is out, so I'm not looking for things to go wrong but at the same time, want to make sure there's no tsb/warranty issues that I might need taken care of...
It seems to be pretty tough to get concrete info on the Uplander even on the internet...

Thanks guys!

Jeremy
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
CF Active Member

Alright, didn't realize so many cars don't have tranny drains now....what a pain vs having a plug.

Anyway, my only real concern is that driving down the hwy I heard a click and eventually noticed the dash info display had blanked out and then 'clicked' back on, along w/the 'passenger air bag' and radio backlight. This happened a couple of times within 30 minutes and none of these 3 areas came back on until later in the day (after being in and out of the van driving a few times).

I only have about 2,000 miles left on the 100k warranty and am wondering because of the 'click', if it's a relay issue, or the BCM...Any clues here?
Old January 15th, 2011, 8:42 PM
CF Active Member

Can anyone tell me if the van has to be taken to the dealer if you replace the BCM? If not, I may pick up a spare since I'm a little annoyed by the dash digital info display being dim sometimes and then bright at others (not flickering, just varies each time you crank the van on occasion).

Thanks
Old January 6th, 2014, 2:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default Chevrolet Uplander engine oil replacement

To replace engine oil on Chevy Uplander you need to follow some steps:

1.Locate oil drain plug
2.Drain the oil
3. Put the
4. Locate oil filter
5. Replace oil filter
6.Locate oil fill cap
7.Insert the new engine oil

You can find on this blog http://filterlocation.com/chevrolet-uplander-oil-filter-location/ how to do this with pictures.
This article is for 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Chevrolet Uplander.

Thanks