Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2005 Uplander Stalled in intersection

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2011, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Uplander Stalled in intersection

I recently bought a 2005 Chevy Uplander LT from a dealer. When I was test driving it, the Check Engine light came on. They fixed it before I took ownership and said it was an ERG valve, that they replaced. After I picked it up and was driving home, it came on again. Immediately returned to dealer, and fixed it..no explanation given. Since that day..I have had Check Gas Cap light come on, and intermittently the left front turn signal light comes on saying it is out, but then it mysteriously fixes itself. Then I realized the rear wiper motor doesn't work. And intermittently my warning lights go off on the sliding doors and occasionally the doors will not respond to the inside control pad above the rearview mirror.

But now comes the scary part...I was driving in downtown traffic, was at a red light and when it turned green, I lifted my foot off the brake and went to hit the gas and my warning lights started to ding..first the SERVICE ENGINE SOON, then ABS failure...and check engine lite ...and the engine cut...TOTALLY nothing from it..no power steering...NOTHING. The interior lights worked, and the radio worked, but the rear sliding doors NOTHING. After gliding to the side (luckily I had enough momentum to glide to the side) ...I put the Van in park and tried to crank the engine....NOTHING..no sound...NOTHING.

A relative and his coworker came to my rescue and they checked the fuses, then they disconnected the battery and reconnected it and the engine started, unfortunately with that, any trouble codes went with that disconnect, but at least I could move to a safer place.

Has any one have any idea's other than..waiting for this to happen again and having a tow truck, tow it to the dealer to preserve any trouble codes?