Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Door Problem-Is it repairable?

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2011, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Problem-Is it repairable?

Our Uplander that has been a great vehicle at 80k. It is going in for the sixth attempt to fix the drivers side sliding door.
Dealer has cleaned contacts, replaced a roller, and had it apart several times last time entire assembly(motor for door) was removed and all terminals on back side cleaned per info from gm they obtained. Still has times where it shuts and motor does not quit running and slipping gears or cogs noise heard and chime rings. then when I get it open and try to shut the last time it would just chime and I could not pull it shut. when I went around back of door and pushed then it shut. Problem is somewhat intermitent which makes it more frustrating. earlier in this disaster it would shut but not pull in far enough to latch so I had to get out and push the back edge in to latch.
anyone have any ideas for me its going in next week and I think someone from gm is coming to look at it. From what I have read in other forums and this one it would seem this is a problem that cannot be repaired. Can it be fixed? interesting this is the door that is uesd far less than the passenger side door.
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rdc1534,

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations with your Uplander door. I hope that your next visit to the dealer is a successful fix. Please keep us posted on the results. If you need additional assistance, I would be happy to help in any way I can. Please feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 20th, 2011, 4:33 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rdc1534
Our Uplander that has been a great vehicle at 80k. It is going in for the sixth attempt to fix the drivers side sliding door.
Dealer has cleaned contacts, replaced a roller, and had it apart several times last time entire assembly(motor for door) was removed and all terminals on back side cleaned per info from gm they obtained. Still has times where it shuts and motor does not quit running and slipping gears or cogs noise heard and chime rings. then when I get it open and try to shut the last time it would just chime and I could not pull it shut. when I went around back of door and pushed then it shut. Problem is somewhat intermitent which makes it more frustrating. earlier in this disaster it would shut but not pull in far enough to latch so I had to get out and push the back edge in to latch.
anyone have any ideas for me its going in next week and I think someone from gm is coming to look at it. From what I have read in other forums and this one it would seem this is a problem that cannot be repaired. Can it be fixed? interesting this is the door that is uesd far less than the passenger side door.
What year Uplander is it ?
Did you buy it new ?
When did you buy it ?
Do you have documentation of the previous repairs ?
Do you have children ?
Be sure there is no debris in the track where the door slides, let us know what happens.
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default door problem continued

Van is 2007 purchased about 3 years ago
no kids
just grandkids sometimes
door with the problem is one that gets the least use
the reason I asked is is it repairable is because of dozens of door problem references on the internet almost all solve the problem by trading off the van or disconnecting the power door.
seems as if no one has ever found a real solution that lasts more than a few weeks.
Old December 29th, 2011, 12:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default Might be fixed

They replaced a module suggested by GM not sure what. Has been working for a week. Fingers crossed that it is repaired.
Old December 29th, 2011, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

2007 driver's side door not working, cable snapped now warning chimes don't stop even with car TURNED OFF!!!!!!! All usual problems of grinding noises etc. FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF!!
Old December 30th, 2011, 5:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear of your frustration. I encourage you to take your vehicle in for repair. I would be happy to assist in setting up an appointment for you. Please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 28th, 2012, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default The door has been fixed

Since the module (The door contacts) was replaced have not had any problems with the door so I think I can declare it fixed.
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent !!
...I have an '07 as well and it doesn't have power doors or TPMS.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dont remind me of TPMS

I do not have TPMS either thank goodness.
On the vehicles I have had or driven with TPMS I have decided it is the gift from he double toothpicks. In all the miles I have driven with TPMS in several vehicles I have never had it alert me to a flat tire it is always a false error code meaning the sytem failed momentarily or you hit some gravel on the road or ice. TPMS is a solution looking for a problem.

Quick Reply: Door Problem-Is it repairable?