Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Service Stability, ABS and Traction Lights On

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2014, 5:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stability, ABS and Traction Lights On

This morning the "Service Stability System", "Service ABS System" and "Service Traction" messages came up at the same time on the DIC. Along with these messages, the ABS light and traction control lights are on. My van is a 2009 Uplander LT Ext and has 99,500 km on it. I live in Toronto,Ontario. How can all three come on at the same time? Has this happened to anyone before?

additional info.
so we got a little snow this evening, and I went for a drive, It appears that the passenger front wheel is the only wheel locking, so I'm assuming its a bad sensor which caused the abs light to come on?? Don't you think it's a little too soon for the sensor to go bad? My venture's sensors lasted me well over 200,000 kms.

Last edited by AlexLok96; February 20th, 2014 at 6:34 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 3:51 PM
CF Active Member

Had the same thing on our 2008 - its either a wheel bearing/sensor or wiring harness for the wheel speed circuit. (We had both of these problems both in and out of warranty) It triggers all 3 alerts as they all process information from the wheel speed sensors.

Since yours is a 2009 you may be able to get it repaired under warranty.

Its not too soon for this issue - at least on the Uplander, unfortunately - it seems to be very common with the Uplander. We also had a Venture and never had a problem with this either...just like you. They must have changed the design of something...
Old February 26th, 2014, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem as well, does any one know how to check the harness as I did once but looks ok

thanks,
Old February 26th, 2014, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stability, Traction control, ABS service lights on

Just had this on my 2008 and after checking found the ABS sensor wire that comes from the back of the hub assembly one of the wires was pulled out of the back of the sensor. I also found the metal clip holder that is supposed to be spot welded to the back of the backing place was off and thus allowed the wire to hang down too close to the axle which I think allowed the wire to be pulled on. ABS light came on then the Stability and Traction control and service ABS warnings followed. I replaced the hub just to make sure because I plan on selling the vehicle. I saved the hub and if I ever need a spare I will silicon the wire back into the rubber of the hub as the bearing is fine. Check in behind the wheel and see if there is a broken wire or if the metal clip holder is off while you are there.
Old March 1st, 2014, 8:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies. I do have an extended warranty, so I took it into the dealer yesterday, they scanned it, and said it was the sensor, but they did replace the hub assembly and the harness on the front passenger side. I'm kind of curious about the other side, I'm thinking that sensor might soon go bad as well?
Old March 1st, 2014, 8:55 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't worry about it.
Did they check the alignment after replacing the hub? If you are planning on keeping the vehicle I would want to have the alignment checked by a trusted shop. Get a printout of the alignment.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 3:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

AlexLok,

Glad to hear your dealership was able to resolve your concern. Please do not hesitate to reach out to GM of Canada if you have a concern as well. They can be reached at 800-263-3777.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 3rd, 2014, 4:08 PM
CF Junior Member

@Papa Bear
The alignment isn't off on the van, but I did check the paperwork, dealer did do an inspection, so I suppose everything checked out ok. Also, I did some research and I'm getting mixed feedback on whether you need to do an alignment after changing the hub assembly.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 4:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexLok96
@Papa Bear
The alignment isn't off on the van, but I did check the paperwork, dealer did do an inspection, so I suppose everything checked out ok. Also, I did some research and I'm getting mixed feedback on whether you need to do an alignment after changing the hub assembly.
That's why you want the alignment checked. That will confirm if it is alright.
Old January 24th, 2015, 1:36 AM
CF Beginner

Question ABS Light

I have the same problem my dad bought this vehicle 10 years ago and he gave it to me this year, the ABS light came on in august and I took it in to get fixed turns out it was a loose wire on the right wheel and it just came back on today (I'm not very nice to my van). My vehicle sees lots of snow, ice, and slush and gets driven in the toughest snow storm that had many people off the road this year (In Alberta) so I'm wondering if I should get the bearing replaced.

Quick Reply: Service Stability, ABS and Traction Lights On