Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Service Stability, ABS and Traction Lights On

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2015, 6:42 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have it checked. If the sender in the hub is bad then change the bearing.
If the plug or wiring is broken/loose/intermittent then fix that.
Old January 24th, 2015, 12:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EquineGirl798
I have the same problem my dad bought this vehicle 10 years ago and he gave it to me this year, the ABS light came on in august and I took it in to get fixed turns out it was a loose wire on the right wheel and it just came back on today (I'm not very nice to my van). My vehicle sees lots of snow, ice, and slush and gets driven in the toughest snow storm that had many people off the road this year (In Alberta) so I'm wondering if I should get the bearing replaced.
Unless the bearing is bad don't necessarily just blindly replace it. As often as a bad speed sensor in bearing causes this issue its also just as often a fault in the wiring going to it. I recently had the light go on and when I checked it out, the tab that holds the wire had ripped off of the backplate behind the bearing and ripped the wire along with it. The bearing is fine but the wiring and backplate needed to be repaired/replaced. I also had another time where the speed sensor in the bearing was bad so then the bearing had to be replaced.

If you have the trouble codes read to find out what the problem actually is that's causing the light to go on you'll know exactly what to do.
Old February 18th, 2015, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Abs, traction lite

I just had my sensor changed on my uplander yesterday
Drove home 60km and my dashboard lit up
Check stability ,check traction control and sensor was reading 0 on right tire ..
Could this just be some computer error ?
I too just reached 90,000k
Old February 19th, 2015, 7:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you indeed have a flat tire?
Old April 17th, 2015, 11:50 PM
yak
CF Beginner

mine did that and it was a bad wheel bearing
Originally Posted by AlexLok96
This morning the "Service Stability System", "Service ABS System" and "Service Traction" messages came up at the same time on the DIC. Along with these messages, the ABS light and traction control lights are on. My van is a 2009 Uplander LT Ext and has 99,500 km on it. I live in Toronto,Ontario. How can all three come on at the same time? Has this happened to anyone before?

additional info.
so we got a little snow this evening, and I went for a drive, It appears that the passenger front wheel is the only wheel locking, so I'm assuming its a bad sensor which caused the abs light to come on?? Don't you think it's a little too soon for the sensor to go bad? My venture's sensors lasted me well over 200,000 kms.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Abs

I just repaired my 2008 Uplander that had the ABS, Traction control and stability light on. It was the wheel hub that was the problem, the hub controls all the above. I went on E-bay and got 2 of them for $68.00 brand new and that fixed all my problems and the lights hasn't came on since.
Old December 11th, 2015, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

I put on a genuine ac delco, fixed abs. 120k miles. Took 1.5 hours and good sockets and tools. Not too bad a job, but stubborn removal due to corrosion. Right front had a little play. Sensor is built within the bearing. Need to change whole bearing. Three bolts w 13 mm hex have to come out from back side atr over 100 pounds torque. You need good slim sockets and hi quality tools. PS do not use cheap aftermarket bearings as they will not last long.
Old August 4th, 2017, 11:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Abs traction control light on

Just wanted to pass on my experience. I had the traction control light and the abs light on on my 2010 chevy silverado. Both welts would come on pretty much every time I made my first stop at a stop sign after leaving the house and stay on till I shut off the truck I also had a problem with it shifting out of park had to tap the brakes to get it to come out of park. Hooked it up to a computer and it gave me error code co161 mech wanted to charge me $500 plus to get repaired. Did a little YouTube research and rolled the dice on it and did it myself bought a $16 breakswitch from auto parts store and installed my self it fixed everything and now good to go. The metal clip on the break switch is a pain to get off need to use a flat head screwdriver watch a couple videos on it b4 ya try urself to save urself a headache but once you get it it is super easy to do. Saved a chunk of money good luck hope this helps someone with same prob.