Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2011, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Problems

Every once and a while when starting our 2006 Uplander it just keeps turning over and won't fire, if you shut it back off and try to start it again you have give the gas a pump for it to start, Dies anyone have an idea what coupld be wrong??
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear about your troubles with your Uplander. Could you please provide additional information so I may further assist you? How long has this been occurring? How often does this occur? Please provide your name and VIN number (via pm if you prefer), so I may research this thoroughly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 19th, 2011, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Louis it has occur since we have bought the van with 96000km on it and it now has 130000km on it it will do it once every 8 to 10 starts
Old November 21st, 2011, 9:02 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> zx6rf7,
Have you taken the vehicle in to your local dealer for an inspection? If so, what was the issue? If you would like to pm me your name and VIN number, I can forward the information to our tech team. They may be able to offer more information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 21st, 2011, 3:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zx6rf7
Every once and a while when starting our 2006 Uplander it just keeps turning over and won't fire, if you shut it back off and try to start it again you have give the gas a pump for it to start, Dies anyone have an idea what coupld be wrong??
Did you contact Customer Service? Let us know what happens and what you discover is the problem.
Old November 21st, 2011, 3:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Well, looks like even the Canadian Chevrolet dealers are into the forums with "call your customer service". Think I'll say ADIOS (thats goodbye)
Old November 23rd, 2011, 4:50 AM
CF Beginner

Louis I haven't taken the van into the service department because it doesn't happen all the time you never know when it is going to so I have a hard time spending $120 an hour to not find the problem I was hoping someone else may have had the same problem so i would have a idea on where to start looking and I am not sure what giving you my vin number will help my problem?
Old November 23rd, 2011, 8:15 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I hope someone will be able to help with your problem. Unfortunately, the description of the problem is somewhat vague; therefore, it is difficult to pinpoint the problem. That is why I had asked if you had been to the dealer. They would be able to help you with the problem with better accuracy. I asked for your VIN number so I could research your vehicle further. I understand your hesitation, that's why I suggested you PM it to me. You are in no way obligated to provide that information, I was simply trying to assist you further. I hope you are able to determine the root of your problem. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As posted in another thead Chevrolet Customer Service can not or will comment or assit on DIY repairs all he wants to do is get you to take it to a dealer.See the post below. How long do you have to wait to start it after it will not start?

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/ven...63/#post198352
Old November 24th, 2011, 4:55 AM
CF Beginner

when it doesn't start the first time we usually press the the gas petal and it usually starts after a few seconds on the second try but it still fights a bit. Wondering if it could be a relay or a air lock in the fuel system

Quick Reply: Starting Problems