Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Things you've done to your Uplander

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2012, 6:53 PM
leo
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MAP sensor that attaches to the air box is eliptical in shape. so I am not sure using a hose would work. I am looking to improve my gas milage but hp is a added bonus. I have been getting 23-25 in summer but right now in the winter months have been low 20's. Are you still getting 30's and is that just from improved airflow? exhaust? or something else? THKS
Old March 6th, 2012, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Do those mod chips really deliver improvements in HP or MPG?
Old March 9th, 2012, 3:45 PM
CF Active Member

Ebay mod chips? No, they're nothing but some resistors used to fool the air intake temp sensors into enriching the fuel mixture...it'll burn more gas but add nothing else.

Tuned computers are different and cost $$$. I've seen dyno verified tunes offered from betwen $200 to $550...
Old April 6th, 2012, 8:02 AM
CF Active Member

Road Warrior: I have a 2009 Uplander. It is one of the last van that was built before they terminated the Uplander. I installed a hood deflector and over the front doors deflector. At this moment I am waiting for a shipment od sheep skin front seat covers. ( very expensive ) My van is all equipped for trailer pulling and we have a 2011 minilite travel trailer. The van pull it with no problems at all. I replaced my front emblem twice under the warrante ( the emblems are junks on all GM vehicles ) also my 3rd tailgate light was replaced because of cracking ( another bad desing from GM ) I hope to keep this van for quite a long time. It is the best looking van on the market considering how ugly the competition is with their vans and they are looking more ugly with the newer models. Including a picture of my van intow.
Attached Thumbnails Things you've done to your Uplander-dsc05954.jpg  
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Hey all, I know this post is sort of old. Have any of you had any issues with the Uplander not starting? My van, once in a while when you turn the key, it cranks and cranks but doesn't start. Sometimes it will start and then stall. I read they are prone to carbon build up in the throttle body and won't allow enough air in to start. I could remedy this by giving it some throttle when I turned the key. So I bought some seafoam "deep creep", removed the TB, and cleaned it all out. I also sprayed it in the pcv hose. I re-assembeld everything and left the pcv hose off and started the engine. Then sprayed it into the pcv hose and let the engine suck it in. I also sprayed it in the hose port on the rubber elbow so it got into the intake. I'm probably going to do this every few weeks and try to get all the carbon I can out.
So far I haven't had any mis-starts (even though it's only been 6 hours). The problem would usually happen 4 out of 10 starts...

My other issue I ran into is the fuel gauge/ and or sending unit. When the gauge reads 1/4 full (3/4 empty) it runs out of fuel. So we have to keep an eye on it. If I get the chance, I'm going to drop the tank this weekend.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Does anyone know if the 3.9L TB will fit the 3.5 Liter engine?
Old April 26th, 2012, 7:09 AM
CF Active Member

Hi to an old tread! I never experienced with my 2009 the starting problem you have but I experienced some problems with the gas gauge a few times. Once and a while the gauge was not registering and showing empty. Less than a month ago before my bumper to bumper warranty ended I took the van to the dealer and they replaced the gas sender unit. A few other issues like the driver seat was repaired under the warranty. My van just turned 60,000 kilometers last week and I am very satisfied with it. I pull a minilite 1809s without problems. The van is all equipped for towing. Yesterday I installed a set of sheepskin seat covers. I am planning to keep it for quite a long time if the van want to cooperate.
Attached Thumbnails Things you've done to your Uplander-dsc05954.jpg   Things you've done to your Uplander-dsc07085.jpg