Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

03 Venture Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2012, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 Venture Factory Alarm

Hey all, the key fobs wont work, keys wont work, nothing will stop the alarm except starting it and waiting 5 min but then as soon as you open the doors the alarm goes off again. can anyone help me out? do i need a ecm? how do i check? i just dont want the dealership to charge me an arm and a leg so if anyone can help it would be great. The van is a mint 2003 Venture with 128K km on it, its not ready for the junk yard yet lol.

thanks
Joe
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

over 100 views and no suggestions?
Old December 14th, 2012, 1:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default Joes ECM/BCM Failure Experience

brought it to the dealers $600 later it was exactly what i told them it was. i told them its the ecm/bcm before they took it in. called 3 hrs later and they said "they cant find whats wrong with it, he has the panels pulled out and searching the harness" i said "did you check the ecm? that is the brain that controls my problem". he said the guy has some sort of a christmas tree effect to fallow the wiring, " you have some weird things going on". i then told him to put it back together im comming to get it because my wife needs it for work. then i said "ill call back in 5 min and let you know what i want to do. so i called and the guy answered with my first name right away. "joe" he said, i just talked the the guy and it looks like your right, the ecm needs replaced". i said "can ya do that for me please" $95/hr im $600 less rich but my van is fixed and the wife gets a horn and radio back lol.

for people who ever get a problem like mine, dont do what i did. dont take it to a dealership. go on ebay and buy a ecm and install it your self. there are ecm's online where you can give your vin # and they will program it for you and ship it to you for $100 shipped.

-go under the pass side dash (glovebox) and pull out two plastis insert plugs from the carpet guard.
-behind where the fuze box is located there is a box there.
-one single plastic tab to push in and the ecm slides out
-there is only 2 plugs on the ecm that need to be taken off
-insert wire plugs in new ecm/bcm
-slide the ecm back in place
-plug the carpet back in
-refer to manual and do a programing on your fobs or if you dont have fobs just use the keys as is but it depend what your theft deteraint system is programmed to. it might be prgramed to arm when power door locks are engaged but that again you would have to refer to the manual to program your vehicle to your specs.

it would be a hassle because vehicle and fob programming is a PITA, you gotta listen for chimes, turn the lights on and of etc. etc. but you save $$.
Old December 3rd, 2023, 7:45 PM
dsf
CF Beginner

Default 2003 chevy Venture LS

I have a 2003 Chevy Venture minivan. Alarm would go off constantly for no reason. Would drain battery just sitting in driveway with key off. Would keep alarming while driving down road. Finally found two control modules behind panel that is under the steering wheel. Disconnected both of them and so far everything except security system is still working.