Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

'99 Venture - Wet Floorboards

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2006, 4:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Venture - Wet Floorboards

Ever since we bought our '99 Venture (LS, Long body, 3 rows of seats, double sliding doors) - we've had a problem with the drivers' side floorboard getting wet after running the AC... or just about any time, for that matter...

I've checked the Haynes manual, and the only suggestion they have to solve the wet floorboards issue is to run a wire up through the condensate drain (passenger side engine firewall area). I've done that.. the line is clear... but my floors are still SQUISHY wet with water... and now, after a family trip over the 4th of July - to Galveston (80-90% humidity) - we've got a lake of water on BOTH the drivers side and teh passenger sides of the van..

HELP - We're tired of swimming and treading water in the Venture... where is/are my leak(s)? and How can they be fixed?

Thanks,
Rex S.
Old July 21st, 2006, 1:23 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: '99 Venture - Wet Floorboards

I've come across the same problem with my 99 venture. But, I think I have the answer. The condensation vent coming through the fire wall into the engine compartment is supposed to have an rubber elbow facing down coming off the plastic piece. Mine did not. I put my a/c on high and I had no water coming out of this drain. After I put a rubber elbow on it with a gear clamp, water began to run out like i've never seen before! I don't know why this works but it has for me. However, I just did this about 2 hours ago. So If this does not totally fix the problem I'll let you know right away!
Old July 21st, 2006, 1:51 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the note. I've sent you an email offlist. Let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks,
Rex
Old July 24th, 2006, 4:07 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2000 Venture and I had the same problem. The floorboards on both sides would get really soaked with the AC on. I pulled up the carpet and saw that the brace around the plastic AC vent on the floor, running between the front seats, had totally rusted out, so I got that replaced. But as far as the cause of the leak....idk. I ended up drilling holes in the floorboard at strategic locations where the water pools. I noticed that they have the wires running in little channels on each side of the van and the water loves to pool in them and mess with the wires.
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: '99 Venture - Wet Floorboards solved

I think my solution has worked! It's been 6 days with the a/c running and I have no more leaks! If you have wet floorboards, try and put an elbow on that tube coming out the fire wall from the condensation pan.
Old September 21st, 2009, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default wet floorboards

hi thank you for you inportant advise.. i just expend 2 hours traying to fix the same problem in my 98 venture but i remove everything and i din't find the hose can you please be more expesific for the location,,,thank you for your help..