Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

A/C not working in 2002 Venture

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2011, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C not working in 2002 Venture

My a/c doesn't work. I can feel the air but it blows warm air. Also, not feeling much air at the driver;s feet. I recall in the winter not feeling any heat. Is there an air vent at the driver's feet?

Anyway, Canadain Tire did a check and didn't find any issues with the a/c unit itself so they suspect a leak somewhere and put dye to see where it is leaking from. I've used the A/C for about 10 days now and still blowing cold air. Any chance there is no leak and the A/C refrigerant just depleted on it's own given the van is now 9 years old. This is what I was told. I don't buy it since I read somewhere refrigerant can only escape through an actual leak.
Old June 20th, 2011, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A vehicle does not have a totally reliable sealed system (Like a refrigerator that has soldered connections, and a sealed compressor). It can have a variety of o rings, and or gaskets, the compressor has a rotating shaft which turns on a seal. With the severity of seasonal climate change, vibration from movement, age, and normal wear, Over time freon can slowly seep out of those areas. Check closely at all the hose connections you can physically see, if you see any oil at any of the hose connections,that would be compressor oil seeping out with the freon, and indicate a leak. the evaporator, (which cannot be seen without dissasembly) could also be the culprit, the condenser unit up front of the rad tends to fail as well, look for oily deposits there.