Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Condensation in 99 Venture headlights

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Doctor
The headlights were in terrible shape on the 02 I just acquired. I pried the lenses loose from the reflector, cleaned the mating surfaces, and re-sealed them. It was a bit of work but it came out okay.

Same for clearing up the lens. I bought the turtle kit for 12 bucks or so. Used the abrasive pads, then buffed it out with a large lambswool pad on a right angle electric drill. The results were pretty good considering the price of new units.
My first attempt to repair the lenses was similar to yours. I managed to clean them very well, and seal the bezels back together. About a month later there was water in one of them again, so I decided to dump them all and just grab a new set. After drilling drain holes into the bottom of the bezel, that is.

If your set lasts, lucky you. I'm just not confident they will. Good luck though!
Old March 19th, 2012, 7:27 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Has anyone tried the Spyder brand Headlights for the Venture?

I am completely disgusted with the headlights on this Venture Van. I have changed the housings twice now and in a matter of time they fog up and they retain water. I did a lot of research on the web and found a company called Spyder Auto.

Spyder Auto | CHEVY VENTURE 97-05 CRYSTAL AMBER HEADLIGHTS W/CORNER - BLACK

Does anyone have experience with them?

I have tried several different brands of headlight bulbs and they are still not the brightest in the world with the lousy OEM housings. I was hoping these Spyders might be better.

Has anyone tried HID with any success? I do not want to blind those coming at me. I have seen where others have installed HID into the car and it is terrible at best.

Thanks for the help!
RB
Old April 1st, 2012, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Slick56
I am completely disgusted with the headlights on this Venture Van. I have changed the housings twice now and in a matter of time they fog up and they retain water. I did a lot of research on the web and found a company called Spyder Auto.

Spyder Auto | CHEVY VENTURE 97-05 CRYSTAL AMBER HEADLIGHTS W/CORNER - BLACK

Does anyone have experience with them?

I have tried several different brands of headlight bulbs and they are still not the brightest in the world with the lousy OEM housings. I was hoping these Spyders might be better.

Has anyone tried HID with any success? I do not want to blind those coming at me. I have seen where others have installed HID into the car and it is terrible at best.

Thanks for the help!
RB
I, too, am wondering about this vendor or any suggestions to improve the headlights on our 1999 Venture.