Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

firing order? won't start after overheated

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2007, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firing order? won't start after overheated

I have an '02 Venture with a 3400SFI engine. I first noticed a bunch of crap in the radiator so I flushed it. The crap was gobs of stop-leak. I, shortly after, noticed the temp was running hotter than normal and eventually over-heating... It finally died on the highway as I was headed home from the parts store (with new plugs)[]and had it towed home after someone stole my catalytic converter!!![sm=smiley35.gif] Also, I had filled the radiator at the parts store after it had cooled down some (the motor was running as I filled it)
Here are some answers to your question:
*The van was bought used last year from the dealer
*The initial temp increase was thought to be our 90+ degree weather
*No steam was ever present/ no fluid left after O/H.../ and I noticed no fan on when hood was lifted
*I refilled the radiator (not the resevoir) at the parts store and 5 minutes later, it died
I still have spark & compression so no timing belt potential, but the plugs were gone, as suspected..and changed. The start sounds weaker, also.[sm=wtf.gif]All this in one day!!!!