Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Power window problem

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2007, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window problem

When I raise the driver side power window, the motor continues to try to raise the window after I remove my finger from the button. The button does not stick. I have to quickly press and release the button to lower the window to stop the motor. It does not happen when I lower the widow. Is there an adjustment or should I just replace the motor now. (So it doesn't die during a torrential downpour when the window is down.)

Thanks
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Power window problem

probably the window regulator it may come with or without the motor.

jen
Old August 11th, 2007, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Power window problem

Hi, I think this is by design on the drivers side. Does your drivers window switch have the word "Auto" imprinted? If so you have the feature like our van does called "auto-down" The manual states the drivers window switch has two modes, one is active by pulling up on the switch and one is by pushing down or something like that. Of course yours could be acting radomly if its failing but you might want to check the manual first to see if your van has this feature. I think they put in it for pulling up to tollboths on highways so you did not have to keep one hand off the wheel for too long or something. Makes sense on a soccer mom type vehicle. Let us know what you find out.