Volt Get plugged into Chevrolet's electric car! The batteries will take you most anywhere and the on-board generator can take you beyond!
Named the 2011 North American Car of the Year

Chevrolet Volt

Volt Theft Deterrent System

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2023 | 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Volt Theft Deterrent System

I have a 2017 Chevy Volt, the BECM was just done a few months ago. The battery died after a key fob reprogramming debacle.... I trickle charged the 12v battery up to good health (had it checked by local autoparts store and it was good), and now I get "Ready for Remote 2" when i get in the car. I have to hold the start button for 12 seconds to disable remote pairing mode, then the car tells me Theft Deterrent System is on. It is still driving fine, but the idiot light for theft deterrent system is illuminated. This is kind of a pain and my wife is losing faith and wants to get rid of this car... Any advise (on the car, not the wife part)? kidding (kind of).
"We" lost the second key fob so I am not sure if this due to only having one key fob programmed, or my 12v battery really isn't good. Just trying to figure out how to get this thing back to normal. Thanks in advance!
Pete
The following users liked this post:
RedNekTek (January 24th, 2024)