Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2015, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juddly
I am having this exact issue have an appointment at local dealer..and also bring charged for diagnostic test...hope my power train warranty covers
How is this not a recall...I hope I don't have to go thru all the trouble some of these other people went thru.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Juddly
How is this not a recall...I hope I don't have to go thru all the trouble some of these other people went thru.
And no offer for help on here...typical gm
Old July 2nd, 2015, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

So far chevrolet customer service has contacted me but I have received no further contact than exchanging contact info. I am hoping for some type of resolution.
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Post Same fan issue

Just purchased a Chevrolet Cruze 2012 w/ 60K miles on it this weekend. As soon as we were pulling off the lot we noticed the check engine light came on and the fan was running non-stop and loudly. Took it to an AutoZone and received (2) different error codes, both referring to the thermostat. Took it to the dealer this morning and am waiting to see what the issue is. I believe it should be covered by the dealership as we brought it to the salesman's attention before leaving. Hopefully it's a easy fix. This is my first Chevrolet and was looking to avoid these types of situations. I will update when I hear from the dealership
Old July 6th, 2015, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Heard back from the dealership and they diagnosed the issues as needing a new A/C compressor clutch as well as a new temp sensor. Do either of those fixes address the fan issue?
Old July 6th, 2015, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problems!

I am also having the same problems; my started a couple of days a go with my fan running all the time, then this morning my engine light came on. Went and had the code checked and it was a P0597- Thermostat Heater Control Circuit. I know my car is not under warranty any more and I don't have the money to fix it....I do how ever see many people have the same problem so what is done now?
Old July 8th, 2015, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4L turbo

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi bwalsh12,

We're pleased to learn that your concerns were resolved! Please let us know if you have any vehicle questions or concerns in the future.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hello Amber I am having this same issue with my car, I just bought the car used from Ray in IL. But I took the car in with the check engine light that randomly came on, the dealership told me that the code is P00B3. They told me that the code means radiator coolant temperature sensor circuit low. They wouldn't explain this to me, just said it's a sensor and is needs to be replaced. Now I just bought the car about 4 months ago with no check engine light on, and they told me that they can NOT cover the issue under warranty. This frustrates me because the dealership told me the car is under warranty for 100k miles. Seemed like a high selling point to me when I got the car. Anyways my fan runs all the time and the temperature on the dash reads fine, doesn't seem to not be working. Still the same from when I bought it. The dealership told me it's a $300 charge to fix the issue. This is ridiculous. For a sensor. Please help!
Thanks!!
Old July 9th, 2015, 9:07 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyCruze1107
Hello Amber I am having this same issue with my car, I just bought the car used from Ray in IL. But I took the car in with the check engine light that randomly came on, the dealership told me that the code is P00B3. They told me that the code means radiator coolant temperature sensor circuit low. They wouldn't explain this to me, just said it's a sensor and is needs to be replaced. Now I just bought the car about 4 months ago with no check engine light on, and they told me that they can NOT cover the issue under warranty. This frustrates me because the dealership told me the car is under warranty for 100k miles. Seemed like a high selling point to me when I got the car. Anyways my fan runs all the time and the temperature on the dash reads fine, doesn't seem to not be working. Still the same from when I bought it. The dealership told me it's a $300 charge to fix the issue. This is ridiculous. For a sensor. Please help!
Thanks!!
Hello SkyCruze1107,

We appreciate you sharing your dealership experience with us, but I do understand your frustration with this expense. We are more than happy to help the best way we can. Please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a private message to get started!

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Chevy Cruze...same fan issue!

Glad to have found this forum and hope a GM rep can assist me as well. My girlfriend has a 2012 Chevy Cruze and it just hit 50,000 miles. Check engine light is on and the fan is doing the high speed running at all times, as soon as you start the car until you shut it off. Took it to Autozone and they ran a check and said it is "probably the thermostat". My girlfriend then took it to the dealer, and they said they wanted $70-$100 just to look at it. It sounds as though this is a VERY COMMON issue with this car, and it also sounds like the issues seem to be covered under the 100,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. I don't feel we should be charged for a diagnostic when it is such a common issue that should be covered.
Old July 15th, 2015, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default One issue fixed, now another

I was getting the error code that everyone else was. I found a thermostat online ($30) and took about 10 minutes to replace it. The error code is now gone and no check engine light. However, the fan does not come on and sometimes the engine will start to run hot. I replaced both coolant temperature sensors but still have the same problem. How can I check to see if it's the fan or one of the relays/fuses? The fan was running all the time but suddenly stopped running at all.

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time