Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 AM

Default 2000 Impala LS ABS & traction light, code c1218

Hello,

I am new to this site and have dealt with forums before. A great source of information! My problem is with a 2000 Impala Ls. I have a constant ABS and Traction control light emitted. The code was retrieved and it was code C1218. It states: Pump motor circuit shorted to voltage. Does anyone know where to start? This car had an aftermarket remote starter installed about 2 years ago. I don't know if this would have anything to do with it, but you never know. When the car was scanned for codes, the shop said it was possibly a bad ground to the motor. Any information would help tremendously. Thanks in advance, Matt
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 AM

Default RE: 2000 Impala LS ABS & traction light, code c1218

I also have the exact same problem with my 2003 impala. I see that we arent the only ones with this problem. Please someone help!!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:17 PM

I figured it out. I loosened the ground wire that goes from the ABS motor to the body. And roughed up the surfaces. Put the ground wire back on and boom, the light is gone. It was funny, cause every time we washed the car, the light would go away for awhile. The water would create a good ground. I hope this fix works for everyone else. Thanks, Matt
Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mnm567

I figured it out. I loosened the ground wire that goes from the ABS motor to the body. And roughed up the surfaces. Put the ground wire back on and boom, the light is gone. It was funny, cause every time we washed the car, the light would go away for awhile. The water would create a good ground. I hope this fix works for everyone else. Thanks, Matt
Nice fix ...thanks for the follow up.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mnm567

I'm having the same %$#! problem. WHere is the ABS motor located. Thank you for the hope of fixing this thing...!

Ken
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Great thread! I tried cleaning up the ground but no go. I had to run a new wire from the top left screw of the module to the throttle body. Works great! BTW, the module is underneath the cruise control next to the master cylinder.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

re54drider Welcome to the forum
Thanks for following up with what worked for you
Old 05-30-2014, 01:43 PM
CF Beginner

thank you everybody, its working very good for me, make my day!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:43 PM

Tags
2000, 2003, abs, brake, c1218, carlo, chevy, codes, control, impala, light, location, monte, motor, traction