Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2014, 5:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

problems and symptoms;

- 2008, 40k, runs great
- first door locks / key fob stop working, inconsistent problem.
- service Stabilitrak / Traction control came on last week.
- ABS light came on.

Trial and Error
- Nothing seems to work for the door locks, could all the solenoids go bad at the same time? I don't think so.
- unplug replug TPS wire on RR, problem went away for a few days.
- Service / ABS lights are back on.

what to do?

problem is back.

Last edited by alabang tahoe 08; October 1st, 2014 at 5:26 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

I am no mechanic but I wanted to tell you what we did for ours. We bought an 09 Suburban 72,000 miles on it and the door locks were messed up when purchased. We replaced 3 of the door locks and that was Nov 2013. Then in Jan we started having problems where it shifts really hard into drive then you would hit 5 miles per hour and the car would act possessed by the door locks locking and unlocking repeatedly, the radio coming and going, and it just completely powered down, no power steering and the ABS Stabilitrak would flash across the display. My mechanic checked the battery wires and they were extremely hot. He changed those out and now the only problem we have had since then is that sometimes the battery falls low for no reason when you have the AC cranked up. It's irritating but it hasn't caused us any discomfort yet from it doing that, although I'm sure it's probably not good for it. But the door locks have been fine and no more hauntings other than that so far and it's nearing a year.
Old January 12th, 2015, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy Captiva

I love my Chevy 2014 Captiva. I have only had it for 5 months. It has been extremely cold (30 below zero) and I have had no problems. This morning, the traction control light came on and I spoke with on Star who stated it was a code C0045. What is going on with the ABS System?
Old January 13th, 2015, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak

I own a 2010 Chevy Burb. The Stabilitrak light and the check engine light come on ONLY when the temp is below zero. The truck will power down and become impossible to drive. This does apper to be a KNOWN issue with this system. I will NOT pay the dealership to take it in and tell me there is something major wrong and I need to pay for it when this is something that chevy is more than aware of the issue. The minute the temp gets above xero, all is good. I live in the northern Illinois area and we clearly will have below zero temps many times a winter. This truck was an expenseive investiment and I cannot even think that there is something wrong already.
Old January 14th, 2015, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

MartiMc: How many miles are on your Suburban?
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

it has about 96k.
Old January 19th, 2015, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service Traction Control

My mother in law's 2007 suburban had the ABS and Service Traction Control lights on. Her Suburban was also having trouble shifting out of park. I replaced the brake light switch thats mounted on the brake pedal. Now it shifts out of park like it did when new and no more Service Traction Control or ABS lights on. Just thought I would share this possible fix to everyone elses problem.
Old January 20th, 2015, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

At around 90k I had to replace a rear wheel speed sensor. The connector is up on the frame and was caked in dirt. New sensor (did it myself) and the "Service Stabilitrak" went away.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by RJK
I do live in the North East Near Syracuse, NY I drove 240 highway miles yesterday 40 degrees. I thought maybe a wheel speed senser has gone bad. I think that would affect the Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS.
I went to the self serve car wash gave all my wheels a good cleaning, disconnected my battery for 10+ minutes started it up and no lights or warnings until I tapped the brake pedal and they all came back.
These lights have all come on for me as well, and I too live in the salt city. What was the final diagnosis?
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:36 AM
RJK
CF Junior Member

My issues was a wheel speed sensor. I had the dealer replace a front whell hub/bearing and they did not but the shield back that is the sames size and shape as the rotor not sure of technical name but the cable on the wheel speed sensor was rubbing on the rotor as it turned and wore through the plastic/rubber on the sensor cable giving me the Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS lights. They went away after the new sensor wsa installed.

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help