Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2013, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me all thought this is an older thread. I just bought a 2009 Suburban and when I bought it in Nov the door locks would not work but they had them fixed. I have now had it for about a month and a half and have had the door locks replaced. It has always seemed to shift hard into first but yesterday I went to go home and every time I hit about 5 miles an hour it would power down and the locks, radio, and dash went nuts. It did this 4 times before the words Stabilitrack and Traction Control flashed quickly across the panel and was gone. After putting it in park it finally let me drive home (4.5 miles) but when I got to my drive the brakes seemed to be coming in and out and the radio was dimming and coming back. I cranked it up later that night and this morning and no problems. I bought this vehicle to get us back and forth to Houston for my little girls treatments as a "reliable car" my previous I had had for 8 years and was an 02 Suburban. This one has 76,000 miles. And we are by no means rich. So if I can get anyone's help I would so greatly appreciate it. I called my dealership and the idiot I talked to did not impress me at all. In fact he told me to google a price of a part he suggested!!! Can you guys tell me what I need to replace or if I need to just trade it in. Thank you so very much!!!
Old December 31st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
I would start with some basics,
I'd suggest having the battery and cables checked, it could be as simple as the battery getting weak and reeking havoc with the electronics...
Also consider having the charging system checked.
The battery cables need to be clean and solidly connected at all points...
The ground strap from the engine to the body needs to be clean and solid..

You can have a local auto parts store check for any stored codes, write them down and have them cleared, don't assume the codes mean anything just yet.

What was the part that the dealer suggested you Google?
Old December 31st, 2013, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks in2pro! My husband was driving it a few weeks ago and said that the battery gauge showed it to be low but hasn't since. He suggested I google an ECM electronic something module. I can't remember what the C stood for. I will definitely check the battery and cables. I will also go by Autozone and have them check for stored codes as well. Do you think that could make the locks go out? When I purchased it they were only working manually.....can't help but think that the person before me ditched it for these problems that eventually took out the locks. And thank you so much for taking time to reply!!
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

The ECM is the Engine Control Module, I'd like to hope they would do some troubleshooting be for jumping right to the ECM as a replacement, not saying it can't be the problem.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Tahoe Stabilitrak problem with misfire at cylinder 2

I keep having this error. I've replaced everything including plugs, wires, mass airflow sensor, TPS, coil, BCS, air filter, etc. The stabilitrak warning light comes up, then the transmission starts shifting hard, then I get an engine code of misfire at cylinder 2.

Has anyone been able to find a fix?
Old June 19th, 2014, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jkaspar859
I keep having this error. I've replaced everything including plugs, wires, mass airflow sensor, TPS, coil, BCS, air filter, etc. The stabilitrak warning light comes up, then the transmission starts shifting hard, then I get an engine code of misfire at cylinder 2.

Has anyone been able to find a fix?

For people having random Stabilitrak, ABS, traction control, T/C warning lights. As well as random misfires.

I have a question. Do you ever fill your gas tanks completely full? Or do you only put $50 in at a time.

I had an 07 Tahoe that was randomly was all over the place with ABS, stabilitrak, traction control warning lights. I changed wheel bearings, plugs, wires, coils, etc and nothing helped.

I used a scan tool and found that the ECU thought that the fuel I was using was 50% ethanol. So it would adjust the ignition timing to compensate and the engine would misfire. If it detects a misfire it shuts down the Stabilitrak, traction control and ABS.

Solution:

Start filling your fuel tanks completely and running it to almost empty a few times in a row. The fuel level sender is somehow used by the ECU to tell the car to re-learn the ethanol percentage in the fuel.

Last edited by greggah; June 19th, 2014 at 8:36 AM.
Old June 20th, 2014, 9:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Could be an intermittent short. In my research I found that the wires connecting the brake switch under the dash (or firewall side), can get worn. It could also possibly be at the Hub. You can check this link:
Chevy Tahoe Stabilitrak Problems - Page 6 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com
Good luck!
Old July 2nd, 2014, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Careful when R&I bed

Originally Posted by jwhitesides
I had this same problem.

I replaced my rear shocks with OEM re-manufactured Arnott shocks (great company) and in the process inadvertently disconnected a plug on the driver's side, inside frame, near the shock tower.

After reading this post I recalled that I disconnected a plug on the passenger side in the same area but noticed it and reconnected it. It gave me "service stabilitrak", "service autoride suspension", "tracking control off", ABS light was on, and maybe one other error.

After reconnecting all errors where gone.
We experienced the same issue when removing the bed then replacing it. We did no work on the suspension or drive train but when putting the bed back on it just caught the the wire and disconnected the plug mentioned above. Once we found this post it led us to the problem and reconnecting this plug solved all our problems.
Old July 5th, 2014, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Amc79
I know I'm late with my reply but for anyone still having this issues, I ran my 07 for codes and it showed that the wheel speed/abs sensor needed to be replaced. It's only been 2 days but the issue has not occurred again. So far so good. Btw, I got the part from autozone for 50 bucks...if anything changes, ill repost...hope this helps...

Which sensor you recommend me to change first, rear or front ones!
Old August 3rd, 2014, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default ABS stabilitrax service lights

Hello everyone. Has anyone found the real solution to this problem? I purchased a 2011 chevy silverado texas edition with 89000 miles and after 4 months this happen. Its getting annoying just because I just got it. Im a kinda fix it your self guy, so if theres anyone out there with the solution for this problem pls help. Thanks

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help