Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Cruise Control not working

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2021, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control not working

Good day all, hoping for some help with an issue I have. Recently got a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6, that only has 115k miles on it. The truck is pretty much perfect condition, but immediately from purchase I realized cruise control was not working. My issue is when i press the cruise activation button I have no light display come on the dash, and my truck does not hold speed. So I went thru my regular procedures thinking it would be something basic, checked the fuse it was good swapped it out just in case no difference. Then I replaced the brake switch just in case, old switch worked fine but did it just assuming that may be the issue and no change. The last thing I have changed up to this point was the combination switch (indicator lever on left side of steering column), it appeared worn even though wipers, indicators, hazards worked I assumed this had to be the issue. Well that wasn't it either, so now I am stuck. I'm scanning online information trying to find schematics and anything that could lead me to the answer. Hoping putting this out here someone with more knowledge would have an answer.. I am all ears for any information that can be offered, thanks in advance!

Also no lights are on in the dash, so I do not suspect wheel speed sensors, I am leaning towards a module at this point but have no clue how to diagnose other than flat out replacing them, because everything else on the truck works perfectly.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old November 17th, 2021, 5:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A malfunctioning cruise control can be very dangerous and cause a Highway Accident.

They aren't something to DiY. And the work done on them should be "covered" (insured, ie, done at a reputable shop)