Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Unfortunately, sir, you are only talking to other Chevy owners.

This is not an official GM site.

Perhaps you need to let Chevy themselves know how you feel.

We might lose you to Chrysler, but I've had too much personal

experience with ford schlock to let that concern me. If you're

upset with Chevy, just wait till you try drinking the ford Kool-aid.
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2008 2500HD extended cab and the passenger side door speaker went out. I simply ordered a pair of nice Pioneer speakers from Crutchfeild for only 40 dollars. They were direct replacements with a mounting bracket and wiring kit and sound better than before the old ones went out. Yes it is a design flaw and a faulty part but for 40 dollars, I don't think it is worth writing off Chevrolet. I still love my Chevrolet, and for a WT with over 100,000 miles on it I don't think it is too much to ask to replace a pair of speakers. Especially because everything mechanically and functionality wise is still working and running like a champ. Just my opinion.
Old July 9th, 2013, 7:31 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default 2008 silverado radio and other problems

I bought a new 2000 chevy S 10, a new 2004 silverado extended cab and then a new 2008 silverado chevy 4 door, the 2000 and 2004 were very good trucks, the 2008 has had the radio problem, broken door handles X 6, and seats unraveling, now at 88,000 miles it is using a quart of oil per week, these problems are quality control issues and now the truck is out of warrenty, needless to say its my last Chevy
Old July 28th, 2013, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default Add me to the list.

Lost both front speakers, but currently have rear working. Not a safety issue??? Can't hear seat belt alarm.
Guess I will give the aftermarket speakers a try. Until I trade.
Old July 31st, 2013, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default What!

Now that I have ordered, and received new speakers from Crutchfield, my front speakers are working again. Have others experienced intermittent problems that were solved by replacing the speakers?
Old August 1st, 2013, 7:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stock Chevy Speakers Are Trash

Originally Posted by reelstory
Now that I have ordered, and received new speakers from Crutchfield, my front speakers are working again. Have others experienced intermittent problems that were solved by replacing the speakers?

My 07 Silverado had intermittent front speakers, I also bought some Sony Speakers from Crutchfield, no problem now. Stock Chevy Speakers Are TRASH. Now at 41,000 mi my trucks using over a quart of oil the last two oil changes before 2,000 miles. the guy at the oil change place said a lot of them do it. cadillac's too. NO MORE CHEVYS FOR ME
Old August 18th, 2013, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Tims truck.... try the dealership on th oil cunsumption issue. There were recalls on tjose years on the engines for using oil ! Even tho your out of warrenty probably by time they may stiil fix it since it is a recall ! As far as speaker issues. All of the trucks are doing it. Mine started as fron left they replaxwd it. Npwy back ones wont work then all but one in the front then they all start working. Is changing the radio or spwkers resolving this for anyone ? Also FYI .. remove the rubber plugs in the bottom of your doors. These truxks are holding water inside the doors when it rains and I'm sure it's not helping with the electrical parts !
Old August 18th, 2013, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vtprairie03
you hit it on the head with your post. before my speakers started going out intermitten i noticed after good rains my doors would fill up with water and when i opened the doors they would drain out. couldnt figure out for the life of me how it was getting in. ive had it to the shop and a body shop and they said it shouldnt be leaking but IT DOES. when its dry outside my speakers still come on but the first time it rains you can bet the bank my speakers go out on my truck.. i have procrastinated putting new speakers in bc it will just do it again if its filling up with water anyway. all four doors do it!!!!
Pull the rubber plugs out on the bottom of your doors. That will fix the holding water issue. I had the same problem.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by martinmize
I can do you one better. I own a 2003 trailblazer and a 2004 crewcab, speaker problem in both. The 2003 started about after about 3 years and the 2004 started about the same time frame. Only one speaker works in the crew cab and none work in the trailblazer. Same senario with both vehicles. The speaker started working sporatically gradually getting worse as time went by. I just want gm to know this has made me think about switching to fords or dodges in the future.
I dont think your move will concern them. Let them know how you feel, The grass is not greener on the other side thats for sure. Every company has faults.
Old August 19th, 2013, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Front speakers

Originally Posted by reelstory

Replaced front speakers, and A-OK now. Waiting for the rears to STB!
Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue