Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Intermittent Head Light Failure

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2024, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Head Light Failure

Hello,

hoping to get some help/see if anyone else has experienced this problem. I currently have a 2019 Silverado LD Z71 Model. About 6 months ago I started experiencing random occurrences of the passenger headlight assembly failing, check engine light coming on, then assembly would randomly function again. This went on for a couple weeks, then no issues for about 3 months. Battery failed in my truck so I assumed the headlight issues may have been a sign of voltage issues with the failing battery. Battery was replaced and no issues for a while. More recently I started having issues again where the assembly with randomly fail. Sometimes I turn on the high beams and the assembly will function again. Other times it won’t. I brought it to the dealership I bought it from, they investigated the issue and determined the ballast needed to be replaced (luckily I bought the extended warranty) next day, same thing continued to happen.

Any advice out there on what might be going on?

Additionally last week, my temp gauge was starting at 230 degrees cold, running was showing past 260. Then after a little bit of time, it started functioning normally again.
Old April 30th, 2024, 10:42 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Take it back to the dealership where you bough it from and who did the initial passenger headlight repair and let them know they did not repair the problem.

I would also tell them about the abnormal temperature gauge operation.

It could be a a grounding issue, or an electrical connector issue in both instances. In the case of the temperature gauge, it could also be an engine coolant temperature sensor or a bad stepper motor if it is an analog display.

Diagnostics must be performed.

Good Luck!