Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2018, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: Happened again!!! Code is reduced voltage in TPS "E circuit". So I'll check the wiring harness. The miss is back
Old August 22nd, 2018, 4:03 PM
Fey
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lacree
UPDATE: Happened again!!! Code is reduced voltage in TPS "E circuit". So I'll check the wiring harness. The miss is back
If you are taking the vehicle to a Chevy dealership as that the wiring expert look at it. That is who eventually found the issue with my 2007 Avalanche. It was a wire chafing the a/c.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Just talked to the dealer. He says that the TPS will NOT relearn on its own....(huh?), I will take it to them and let them relearn it, but also ask for a quick check on the wiring harness. Thanks for the reply

UPDATE: He will relearn it for $108. Anybody know if I can pick up a scan/diagnostic tool that will relearn tps for $100 or less?

Last edited by lacree; August 24th, 2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old September 6th, 2018, 7:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've sent two messages to GM Customer Care regarding the TPS issue, yet they have not even acknowledged them in any way. In other words, they don't even reply! GM, that's a hellava customer "service" you have there. Nice how you assisted the Cadillac owners who suffered this problem yet leave us lowly Chevy owners in the lurch. I honestly expected more from what was once America's choice of manufacturer. I guess that the "new" Chevrolet/GM is not nearly the same as the one that I grew up with and trusted with my hard earned dollars.with.
The following users liked this post:
Monster10 (August 5th, 2020)
Old September 7th, 2018, 8:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Ok, my neighbor has an 04 silverado has intermittent reduced power issues. I don't know if it's resolved yet as of right now him changing the oil, looking at the general condition of the truck (it is family owned, so he dosen't keep except when he needs a truck). This what we found in the ait plenum.

bird nest
Old September 13th, 2018, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue - 3 error messages on 2013 Chevy Express

My van is doing the same thing as everyone else on this forum. Engine light and traction control light come on all of the sudden, with 3 error codes on the dash.
1. Engine power reduced
2. Service stabilitrak
3. Service traction control

Happened a few days ago, drove wonky for a few minutes then engine light stayed on but drove fine. Took it to my mechanic the next day but engine light had turned off so they couldn’t diagnose the issue.

Just happened again tonight.

Any thoughts as to what the issue may be? I don’t want to waste a ton of money at the mechanic to not get the issue fixed.

Katie
Old September 13th, 2018, 9:25 PM
CF Senior Member

Can't remember what year,but a recall was made for some throttle bodys,or check tsb's for your ride,one call to dealer with vin# will tell you what's going on
Old September 14th, 2018, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geo1
Can't remember what year,but a recall was made for some throttle bodys,or check tsb's for your ride,one call to dealer with vin# will tell you what's going on
No recalls on my VIN. Keeps doing this though and is not driveable...
Old September 14th, 2018, 3:45 PM
CF Senior Member

Sorry,off by a year or so,do a Google search,many utube videos on the problem
Old September 14th, 2018, 5:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Also try NHTSA website,I checked it quick,100's of tsb's for your van,I'm assuming the dealer gave you some insight on that

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control