Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Problems with my RS

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my RS

I have a 92 RS that is giving me problems. The car was running great but now I am having issues getting it to start and stay running. The car will start but it sounds like it wants to die and then does in fact die out. The first time this happened, the car was running on the warm side. It started then died and it wouldn't turn over again. It drained the battery. Once I jumped the car it started again. I took my battery to get it tested and they told me it was fine, with a 100% charge. So I put the battery back in and the car ran fine for awhile. Then I drove it to the store but when I started it to leave it started, idled rough and then died. After letting it sit for a few minutes it started up again and I drove it home. Someone told me it might be the starter but it seemed more like an injector issue or sensor problem. I didn't hear any ticking from the starter. Could you guys please give me some suggestions where I should start the process of fixing this issue?

Thanks

Last edited by Thirdgen_Girl; July 14th, 2011 at 4:29 PM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 1:34 PM
CF Active Member

Did this happen after getting gas somewhere? If so, you may have water in the gas. It could also be a defective coolant temp sensor, mass air flow sensor or 02 sensor. If you're close to an Autozone or Advance Auto Parts, take it there and have them read the codes and see what they tell you.
Old July 14th, 2011, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

No, I have not purchased gas recently. I am close to both of those parts stores so I will see what they say. Thank you.
Old July 15th, 2011, 7:16 PM
CF Active Member

Post back and let us know if they were any help.
Old July 16th, 2011, 2:26 AM
CF Beginner

They couldn't tell me anything because the car was not spitting any codes out. The service light was not on and they found nothing wrong with it. You know how it goes...its like going to the doctor...the problem never presents iteself when you actually need it to. I have driven the car a few places today and didn't have an issue getting it to start after shutting it off so I have no clue at this point what was going on.