Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

newbie with 2001 2.2 problems

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2013, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with 2001 2.2 problems

First off id like to say hello nice oage youguys have here. Now for my diaster i have my g/f has a 01 cavy 2.2 standard and the other night she was going to the start and she says the car like sputtered any ways she didnt think anything of it and as she was drivng the car did the sputtering again and all of a sudden the car just shut off and wouldnt restart and the odd thing was that the check engine light was on even with me holding the keys in my hand about an hour later we went and i tried to start the car and it was backfiring and at one point it backfired so bad well the muffler split one down the side i brought it home ran the code scanner gave me a code for the crank sensor well i changed it car fired upran great a bout 2 mins then started missing/running ruff i took it home shut it off till this morning it fired right upran great for about half and hour then started throwing a fit missing/running ruff shut off ran the code scanner it said multipule cyclinder misfire and the check engine lights still on with the keys in my hand so then i come to unhook the computer the light went out and swapped it with another computer lights not on and the gas gauge doesnt work now the fuel pump will prime it will run for about 30 seconds and shut off aslong as you keep priming the pump it will run and shut off all day and it has 3/4s of a tank of gas in it so does and body have any ideas thanks in advance
Old January 11th, 2013, 4:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check all the electrical under the hood(Plugs, wires, distributor)