Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2012 Cruze Has Bad Radio Reception

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2014, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cruze Has Bad Radio Reception

My Chevy Cruze had good/average radio reception for the first 2 years, but it's been horrible the last 6 months. The local stations come in strong, but stations 40 miles away in Kansas City are weak now (although they are 2X more powerful than my local).

I have checked my antenna, stereo and all components are properly connected/seated. I have seen many other people complain of this on-line, but they usually get stopped by a Chevrolet tech 2 people into the string.

Would love to know the "root cause" of the issue before I contact my dealer as I do not want to pay $90 an hour for something which is probably design error. Any assistance/advice from other owners would be greatly appreciated.

Larry
Old April 21st, 2014, 10:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously?!

Never seen anything about this any where.
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I googled it a lot recently after visiting with my Chevy dealership Sledge. Someone spun the black rubber part of my antenna after trying to steal it so i figured that might have something to do with it. They said it shouldnt affect anything as long as the connection wasnt broke inside (which it was not).

I took a look under the headliner and noticed all the wires running to the antenna base (receiver, on-star, and sat radio). All appeared to be in good orders (not spun or disconnected).

It's weird, but the stations will come in intermittently at times (20%) and i'll have static at times, but the stations that aren't close are fuzzy at best most of the time. I've tried everything I can think of and that's why I'm reaching out.

Other than my "music issue", I havent had any issues with my Cruze. Love that turbo . Thanks.

Larry
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, lots of people do have radio issues.

Really Bad FM Reception?