Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2019 Cruze RS Infotainment/Android Auto issues

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2020, 3:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Cruze RS Infotainment/Android Auto issues

I use Android Auto daily, and occasionally it glitches, but I always assumed it was the phone, or software of said phone. I had my car in the shop not too long ago for some body work, and used a few rentals. My phone worked -flawlessly- with a Altama, a Malibu… but, plugged it back into my car when I got it out of the shop, it’s doing the same thing.

The main thing that irks me is Google Maps. I’d be driving down a road, and suddenly the map starts to jump around, thinking I’m facing backwards, or just generally going in total physics-breaking directions. Jumping off a freeway to get into an apartment complex while going 60, etc, etc…Really is annoying when I’m in an area I am not used to, and miss a turn ’cause it thinks I’m going down the other side of the road I am on.

Also, if it’s just Google being annoying, are there any other apps that can be used with Android Auto?

So, with all this said, is it just me, or is there something going on with the Infotainment system, and while we are at it, can it be replaced, or does that mean I loose some core features as well, like my Driver Confidence package, etc, etc?