Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2018, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a common problem....i surmise that if you had the codes checked, you would get P0597/P0598--has everything to do with chevy switching to a thermal housing instead of a simple thermostat. If you look online for that code you will see a lot of chevy's are having problems with this. I'm currently having this problem and "patiently" waiting for some Chevy Rep to actually contact me. I have to pass a emissions test for my Chevy this month, but I can't pass while experiencing these codes.
Old February 20th, 2018, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Could someone please tell me why cooling fan runs in turbo when I start my car I've changed thermostat and sensors and it's still doing that
Old January 10th, 2019, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bwalsh23
I am having a similar issue with my 2012 Cruze. Two days ago my fan came on and it will not go off, it keeps getting louder each and every day so I brought it to the dealership to get it checked. The engine light is on and I'm having to pay for the diagnostic and they're claiming that since I have 40,000+ miles I am out of my warranty so any repairs will be on me. This seriously rubs me the wrong way because I am just over 40,000 miles and if this is a chronic issue that is appearing on many Cruze vehicles then it should be a recall. This is my third Chevy vehicle that I've owned. I owned a Cavalier, a Cobalt and now my Cruze and this is outrageous! Why should the customers have to pay for a known software issue with the vehicle? I'm not doing anything wrong as for driving, I take care of my vehicle. It's something faulty in the vehicle and there's no reason the customer should have to pay for that! This unfortunately may be my last Chevy!

Update: I don't know if it was my call to customer service, me telling my story on the forum or the dealership itself but when it was all said and done somebody did the right thing. The dealership took care of the issue, I did get the same code as everyone with the open circuit, but they did in fact state I was covered under my warranty. I wasn't too happy coming into the dealership today but due to them doing the right thing, I was happy when I left. Thank you to everyone involved!

hello! What was the issue after all and how did chevy resolve it?
Old April 6th, 2019, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

helli have a 2011 chevy cruise, my fan start running loudly also but i also just had ac compressor replaced and im also still not getting any cold air with ac
Old April 19th, 2019, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

You need a new temperature sensor. Mine does something similar and I have to replace it on a yearly basis.
Old February 21st, 2020, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default help

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello deanguy,

I am sorry for any vehicle trouble you are experiencing due to the engine light being illuminated. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation and help set up a dealership appointment for a vehicle diagnosis.
Please contact us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care

i am having trouble with my chevy cruze 2011 turbo. the fan kicks on seconds after started and won’t shut off. it’s not getting hot and the coolant temp sensor has been replaced. the car has 76,000 miles. wondering what it could be.
Old February 25th, 2020, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Call gm

Originally Posted by deanguy
I have a 2012 cruze and the engine light came on and I had check and it came to be coolant temp sensor but its not running hot .So I carried it to pep boys for a diagnostic and they could not find any thing wrong with it. The thing that bothers my wife is that the fan runs all the time and is louder than it was before the check engine light came on.Pep boys reset the computer and it was fine for 2 days then it started the same thing .check engine light and fan running all the time what could it be?
the same thing was happening with me
Make sure you call gm and make a complaint about this! A month and a half ago, i just had my water pump, water outlet and thermostat changed in my coolant. I am currently at a Chevy dealership getting my reservoir replaced bc that is leaking now. It’s def not an cheap fix, and Chevy will only pay for the pump. This is a common thing to happen in Chevys, and it def needs looked into. It seems to happen a lot more right after the warranty is up, almost like a set up. Gm had told me the more people who call about this, the better the chance they will do a recall.