Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox - continually stalling

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2012, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could I trouble you....

......to call the dealership/maintenance place you brought it and have them look in their records to see if they can tell you what sensor finally fixed it? I know it is a lot to ask and you probably do not have a good relationship with them after all of that but it would save me a TON of time and money I do not have.

I am a single mom driving my two small children around and do not have the money to get something new, nor bring it to the dealership time after time to have them throw parts into it. I know it is a lot to ask, I would be so grateful for the help!
thanks again for reply!
Dana

Originally Posted by cameronwevans
no idea what sensor it was, sorry. I was pretty frustrated too because it took the dealer about 5 visits before they figurered it out and they just ended up making gueses as to what the problem was because no codes were coming up when it stalled. Good luck.
Old June 1st, 2012, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

I was able to get my problem resolved about a year ago. my girlfriend was driving her equinox and the same problem happened. She managed to get it to the dealership right away so they found the code, so I brought mine in. Apparently there was actually some type of GM wide bulletin on the issue at the time.

My equinox still acts up from time to time with other issues. I've been very disappointed with this vehicle and with my experience with GM over all. I won't be getting a GM vehicle next time, that's for sure.
Old June 8th, 2012, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Could you help me?

Hi Lois,

Writing to see if you can help me since the dealership doesn't seem to want to. I FINALLY have some codes.

Update: My 2006 Equinox was stalling randomly for the last 3-4 weeks. Within the last week it has gotten considerable worse. Yesterday it stalled on me 12 times. It is now to the point where I cannot drive it. It happened to of stalled while idling after my boyfriend had just checked for codes. I left the vehicle sit and did not touch the key after the stall and the code reader displayed 6 codes!!!! Could you help me to pinpoint what they may mean?

P0601, P0606, U0107
P0601 Pending
P0606 Pending

Is it the ECM? And if these codes relate to the ECM failure, does my vehicle need to be present to program? In other words, could I send my OEM ECM to a "service" place and have them rebuild and reprogram mine and put it back in? See what I mean in this quote:

"A-1 CARDONE Part # 770928F Reman. A-1 CARDONE Engine Control Computer - Return and Rebuild Service Only - By ordering this service you are agreeing to send your original part to the manufacturer to be rebuilt. Rebuild time is approximately 3-5 business days. You will be contacted with directions once the order is placed. For more information please contact Customer Service.
with OE # 12600928; with Powertrain Control Module; Vehicle specific Flash programming required ON or OFF the vehicle.Accurate VIN and mileage are req'd"

Would appreciate ANY help you can give me for I am now without a vehicle working full time with two small kids.
thanks,
Dana

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dana Steinhoff,

I'm sorry to hear that the dealer wasn't able to find the source of the problem. Unfortunately, if they cannot duplicate the problem, and there are no codes, it can become more difficult to determine the source of the problem.

You stated that the check engine light comes on, is this a recent occurrence or has it been on the entire time?

I would like to set-up a case for you for this issue. If you would like me to proceed, please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN number and the name and city of the dealer you had the work performed at.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 8th, 2012, 3:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

All your codes point to power train control module. least in my older Haynes book.
Old June 8th, 2012, 3:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I should "restate" all your codes point to PCM, however it may be a communications issue with the ecm.
Old June 11th, 2012, 8:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dana Steinhoff,

I'm sorry, but I am not a technician, therefore I cannot offer do-it-yourself advice. I understand you are having issues with your current dealership, have you considered trying a different dealer?

I would be happy to set-up a case for you regarding these issues. Please PM me with your pertinent information.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 21st, 2012, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

It is probably an EGR going.