Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Where is the Cabin Filter Located on the 2010 LS

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2010, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the Cabin Filter Located on the 2010 LS

New to this forum. Bought a 2010 LS today after the VTi on my 2003 Saturn VUE bit the dust. Where is the cabin filter located on the 2010 4 cyl.? Thanks
Old June 11th, 2010, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Do you think it needs to be replaced already? I have a 2010 as well, so I'll also be interested in finding out where it's located.
Old June 11th, 2010, 9:39 PM
CF Veteran

Default filter

i do belive they stopped putting them in about 2002 .
Old June 12th, 2010, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

Their is a cabin filter. Only had the Nox for 3 days. Looks like it is under the Glove box. They don't mention it in the owners manual.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rick's NOX
Their is a cabin filter. Only had the Nox for 3 days. Looks like it is under the Glove box. They don't mention it in the owners manual.
Is there any special trick to getting to it? Also, if you have a part number that would be great...I know these things should be changed just like the a/c filter in your home.
Old June 15th, 2010, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

Looks like you have to remove some screws underneath the glove box (Haven't done it yet). AC/ Delco part W177. At Rockauto it's $26 and change. They have a WIX (49368)one that fits for $17 and change. I do the little things and the oil change on the 2.4 is easy. I bought a special tool to take off the Oil Filter cap. On my other Ecotechs I just used a socket but not enough clearence on the 2.4. The battery looks like a pain to change and I can;t find the spark plugs
Old March 19th, 2011, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cabin Filter 2010

Hi all, Just logged in to see if anyone found sources for the cabin filter of an Equinox. We have a 2010 2.4 LTZ. The filter is behind the glove box, no tools are needed to remove the filter. There is a tab at the top of the glove box opening that needs to be pushed up to allow the glove box to fall out of the opening. Then it kind of "unsnaps" from the bottom of the opening. The filter is right on top of the blower housing. A door with two plastic locking tabs is all that is needed to "open" to gain access to the filter. Dealer wants $45.00 for the filter and it is a warehouse only item. I went to Micron Air's web site and the part number of the filter is not listed on their site (they make the filter). Thanks for listening and I hope I helped.

J
Old June 11th, 2011, 2:20 PM
CF Active Member

I don't know about the newer models, but on the 07 that I have, it's under the plastic cowl below the windshield wipers. There are four or five plastic body pins to remove (you can reuse them) and one 10 mm bolt. Take them all out and remove the small plastic piece and you'll see the filter. I did mine in about fifteen minutes. Bought a Purolator one from Advance Auto Parts. I think it was about 24 or 25 dollars.