Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2013, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default Family Vehicle

Guess I need to expain a little better. I WILL own a chevy again BUT not as a FAMILY VEHICLE! I've been a chevy fan since I was young. Worked on chevys with my grandad and dad. When comes to muscle cars, I wont change on that. Still have my dads 69 nova. Runs like a timex watch. All stock. Still cant stand ford muscle cars. Hope this better explains.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default Family Vehicle

Guess I need to expain a little better. I WILL own a chevy again BUT not as a FAMILY VEHICLE! I've been a chevy fan since I was young. Worked on chevys with my grandad and dad. When comes to muscle cars, I wont change on that. Still have my dads 69 nova. Runs like a timex watch. All stock. Still cant stand ford muscle cars. Hope this better explains.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

@MarcusNH

I did get a response from Chevy and after being passed through about 4 different agents I was told that the problem was not currently covered by any current GM recalls. After I expressed my complete dissatisfaction and asked if someone would have to die in an accident caused by the problem before they would recall it, I was offered a $600 rebate towards a new GM vehicle. I laughed, said thanks but no thanks... As soon as we are financially ready to buy a new vehicle we will.. And trust me it will not be a GM product. This car is a lemon, complete safety hazard and not even GM's certified mechanics can fix the problem.
Old June 9th, 2013, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Need a solution

As like the other people I am having the same problem ABS and trac light comes on and I am getting a grinding noise took it to shop they checked front and rear brakes both are good really hoping this forum someone will have solved their problem and will help me solve mine other wise might have to look into a trade in
Old June 10th, 2013, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wiring/Connector

I too have been having an issue with the ABS/Traction lights coming on. As well as many of you I have the code C0036 (Left Front Speed Sensor). I first replace just the sensor with no positive result, then I replaced the complete bearing assembly with a new sensor, this fix the problem for 1 week. I then replaced the complete bearing assembly again, this time the problem was fixed for 2 weeks until the problem came back. What I then found was that if I giggled the wires at the connector at the sensor (without disconnecting) the problem went away for a week or so, leaving me to believe that the problem is either in the connector or the wiring on the computer side. Hope this helps anyone with this issue.
Old June 15th, 2013, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Just worked on my buddy's 2008 Impala, had the same lights on and codes for LF & RF wheel speed sensor.
It turned out that one wire was broken on the left and both wires were broken on the right, I spliced the wires, (soldiered and heat shrink sealed), not perfect but good for now. Note they are a "twisted pairs" wires for a reason.
This was after a few "general mechanics" worked on this problem, one replaced the right front bearing, for nothing.
If you are able to do this kind of things, you can do it yourself, need a wiring for your vehicle, need to check the sensors, need to check wiring for continuity, all could be done with an ohm-meter, otherwise go to the dealer or somebody who know what is he doing.

Ziggie
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:13 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by tessabealer
I have had the same problem. I took it to my general mechanic first after reading about the many failed attempts to repair the issue. As stated by a lot of people my mechanic didn't find anything wrong. The lights went away and everything was fine for about a week. Then the lights came back on intermittently and it progressed until the lights stay on most of the time. When I brake on bumpy surfaces or brake while turning there is a rattling noise sometimes and it is hard to brake. It feels as if there are some sort of heavy spring mechanisms causing the brakes pulling the brakes tought. And when its bad and you push through this it will make this strange grinding sound. I have my car at dealership now. Crossing my fingers because they told me have to charge me 2 diagnostic charges. One for the ABS light and one for the TC light. To me this is cause and effect. $200 just to diagnose it!
I am having the same problem Equinox 05. Abs and traction control lights have come on and brakes pulsate when need to slow down and brake. Been to Chevrolet twice and still having same problem. First trip, they couldn't pick up anything on codes, but then they said and repaired rt. wheel hub sensor. Brought it back next day,doing same thing. Said needed new brake monitor and was replaced and was kept overnight and told next day had to have rotors done too. Asked if they were sure all this was necessary and said most definitely. Drove it for 5 days and all was ok until had same thing all over again with brakes and lights coming back on. I have new brakes already that are only over a yr. old and was told they are fine. Getting completely frustrated,not feeling safe when brakes act like they don't want to work,especially driving on curves and hilly areas.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

If you are still having this concern and would like to have the dealership look into this for you, we can certainly assist you through the process. Please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, address, and the name of the GM dealership you are working with.Look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 29th, 2013, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Is there a certain side that this usually happens too?

Whats the part number for the replacement pigtail harness?

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems