Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

ABS and Traction Control Light on ALL THE TIME

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABS and Traction Control Light on ALL THE TIME

Hello,

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD. I have had the vehicle for sometime now, and as long as I have had it, the ABS/TC lights both have been on just as soon as you turn the key. However, the red brake light is not on, nor has it ever been on.

There is NO grinding in the front end. The brakes DO NOT suddenly stop working. The brakes DO NOT pulse at low stopping speeds.

I do know that the ABS is NOT working because I had to stop for a deer and the brakes were solid and DID NOT pulse.

I also have the issue with the clanking in the front drivers wheel, which is due to caliper bushings, (clanking can be heard on rough or bumpy roads, and goes away when I slightly hold the brake) which I just ordered and going to replace this week.

My question is this. Since I am NOT having the ABS engage by itself nor do I hear any grinding, where do you think the problem lies? Is it in one of the sensors, or is it in the module, or is it somewhere else?

I know that there are other threads about this issue, but I do not feel as if anyone has my specific issue (no grinding,no unwanted pulsing at low speeds, no lose of brakes suddenly.)

I simply just DO NOT have Anti-Lock Brakes and BOTH my ABS and TC lights are on all the time, solid, not blinking.

Last edited by ChevyEquinox; June 3rd, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old July 1st, 2013, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the electrical connectors to the speed sensors in the wheel hub are broken/not connected you will have a ABS light. Make sure there is not a broken wire for starters.