Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Side mirror problem 0n 2019 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2021, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Time will tell if it's fixed for good, but it is fixed for now. The Equinox came back from the dealer today (had to wait on parts). They replaced the front side door window control switch (part number 84512890).

Here's the diagnostic text from the invoice....
"Memory seat module receiving input from mirror switch when mirror switch is not receiving input using doc 5339697, disconnected driver mirror and tested ground circuit and 5V reference circuit, each circuit tested OK, verified driver mirror vertical position parameter on scan tool is less than 4.6V, parameter is greater at 5.01, disconnected driver window switch and tested signal circuit for less than 1V, signal circuit is 0V, replaced driver window switch assembly and verified repair"

Hope this helps someone else!
Old November 13th, 2021, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox Side Mirror Problem

Originally Posted by mbries
Time will tell if it's fixed for good, but it is fixed for now. The Equinox came back from the dealer today (had to wait on parts). They replaced the front side door window control switch (part number 84512890).

"Memory seat module receiving input from mirror switch when mirror switch is not receiving input using doc 5339697, disconnected driver mirror and tested ground circuit and 5V reference circuit, each circuit tested OK, verified driver mirror vertical position parameter on scan tool is less than 4.6V, parameter is greater at 5.01, disconnected driver window switch and tested signal circuit for less than 1V, signal circuit is 0V, replaced driver window switch assembly and verified repair"

I have had similar problems with my 2018 Equinox Premier. It has spent a week at the dealer 6 times since June. They keep "reprogramming" but that doesn't seem to help. Did your solution fix it? I see that it has been over a month since your post, and I'm hoping you will tell us that took care of it.
Old November 14th, 2021, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Side Mirror Problem on Equinox

Originally Posted by mbries

Did that fix the problem? I am taking mine back in for the 6th time tomorrow, same problem.
Old November 14th, 2021, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Equnikon
Did that fix the problem? I am taking mine back in for the 6th time tomorrow, same problem.
For a couple of weeks, but we took it back about a month later (mid-October). They gave it another attempt and so far, so good. Not a lot of faith that it will last since this is my 3rd "repair" of the issue. Here's the dealer description of the work performed in October 2021....
"Software anomaly within seat memory control module. Scanned vehicle for codes. No codes stored for driver mirror motor. Checked circuits for horizontal mirror position circuits and lin bus circuits for continuity or shorts. No conditions found. Checked connector X500 for corrosion or water intrusion. No conditions found. Checked for calibration updates for BCM and memory seat control modules. Found that memory seat control module has an unrecognized calibration software for main operating system. Reprogrammed memory seat control module and verified repair. Mirror has not changed position from set position at start up and is now working as designed.
Time will tell if this fixes it for good. Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted if you get any answers.
The following 2 users liked this post by mbries:
TheGodfather (November 27th, 2021), tjmitche (September 17th, 2022)
Old November 27th, 2021, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2020 Random right mirror tilt

I hope the seat memory fix holds. Bad news is that my 2020 does same on right door mirror, so trading newer wont get you away from this issue. Sad that with all these reports Chevy cant resolve this in at least 3 model years.
On my Equinox, I had it set for right tilt only. Then started either not returning to set position, or not tilting in reverse, then looking at sky in drive. I have tried turning feature to drivers, or completely off and it still randomly looking at ground. Its super dangerous when changing lanes. Ready to unplug mirror..
Old December 9th, 2021, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

It has been awhile since I posted and looked to see if anyone has found a fix..... sad to see not one has had any luck. Anyone think it is being caused by a water leak on the mirror itself or on the window seal? I seem to have the most trouble when it rains. if its dry for awhile it works right for a few days.
Old December 9th, 2021, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

I’ve not had it happen since my last dealer visit in October. Not sure how much time will have to pass for me to feel like it’s “fixed”, but so far so good.
Old December 10th, 2021, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Random mirror FIXED for me

Reading all the threads about random mirror movement helped my think from a different angle. About the key fob/seat preference switch. I believe the person who had a switch replaced under warranty may have have found the solution. In my case, I'm at 40k so if I tried that it would be a cash repair. Even though so many people report the safety issue with mirrors, on other models as well, GM still has no recall. My right mirror on my 2020 Equinox started random issues. Sometimes it would tilt down and not go back up. Other times I would find it looking at the sky. Couldn't catch it doing it but I always seemed to discover it when changing lanes. I had a few close calls. I was ready to open the door panel and unplug the damn mirror, which then I would lose defog/defrost. I did try totally clearing all seat presets and vehicle screen settings. No luck. Because I was thinking about the driver's door switches talked about, I stumbled onto a screen setting under the vehicle tab. You have to scroll down to see it. It's not with the mirror settings.

Here's the sequence: SETTINGS-VEHICLE TAB-COMFORT & CONVENIENCE-REVERSE TILT MIRROR (I turned it all off). Then: SETTINGS-VEHICLE TAB-SEATING POSITION (I turned off both Entry and Exit settings). The mirror hasn't moved since. If you click on one of the settings, it explains. Even though it's labeled as Seat Position, it also affects the mirrors etc.

This is NOT ideal. Many find the tilt in reverse option helpful, but when it fails it's dangerous. But you and I know GM will never step up for a mirror issue. If you're under warranty, get the switch replaced and see if that fixes the mirror issue. If not, try this fix. I believe it would probably work on other GM models/years with the same issue.
The following users liked this post:
mbries (December 11th, 2021)
Old December 30th, 2021, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

My mirror started acting up again. Just got it back from the dealer yesterday. This time they replaced the driver seat adjuster memory module (23338340).

Here's the text from the dealer invoice...
32093 Internal circuit short causing intermittent mirror movement. Tested power and ground circuits for window switch and memory seat control module, each circuit tested OK. Monitored voltage for LIN bus circuit for memory seat module to window switch. LIN bus circuit tests OK and parameters are within spec.While monitoring data for mirror commands in the memory seat control module, found that intermittently the driver mirror motor would receive a command for movement but only for an instant. Although mirror did not move when instant happened, replaced memory seat control module as concern and the event would only happen upon start up of vehicle.
Here's the history of my Equinox and this issue:
  • Sep-2020: Replace drivers outside rearview mirror (84604256)
  • Sep-2021: Replace front side door window control switch (84512890)
  • Oct-2021: Reprogrammed memory seat control module.
  • Dec-2021: Driver seat adjuster memory module replacement (23338340)
Warranty was over in early December. They still covered this last update, but made it sound like that is no longer a guarantee (even though it was identified and failed to be repaired while under warranty).
The following users liked this post:
TheGodfather (December 31st, 2021)
Old January 5th, 2022, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Same problem. Dangerous while driving!

Having the same problem. Try changing lanes on major highway only to find your mirror pointing to the ground. VERY DANGEROUS. Dealer insists there isn't a problem and it's owner error in not setting it up correctly>.
Originally Posted by Xeroid
Our 2019 Equinox has an intermittent problem with the driver side mirror. We have the feature that changes the mirror settings to the current drivers preferences. After setting the mirror settings when we first got the car in march it worked perfectly until about August. We have the rear view camera and the option to turn the mirrors down to watch the area near the rear wheels activated. Here's what it does. With the mirrors set for me when I turn the engine off the mirror stays in the set position. When I open the door the mirror goes to a position that leaves me looking at the door handles. The passenger side mirror stays in the set position. When I reenter and start the vehicle the driver side mirror goes to the set position most of the time. Sometimes it goes to a position past the set point and others it will go to the set position. When I put the car in reverse it will sometimes go to the set position and jump in or out to adjust the position so I'm looking at the rear wheel not the area next to it. Then when I put the car in drive the mirror will stop at a position with it looking at the driver side window. Sometimes it will translate to the left and find the proper set pont it. I've had it back to the dealer twice and both times they say the saw notml operation. They are seeing the same thing I am when I use the car. What I'm asking is if anyone here has had similar problem?

Quick Reply: Side mirror problem 0n 2019 Equinox