Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Cant Turn Ignition key

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2015, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Turn Ignition key

Hi All,

So i finally went and bought an old CK 1500 from the US and imported it to the UK. What a surprise that the vendor lied his teeth off about the condition of it so now i'm left with a hunk of junk to get right!

Ok, ok, so its not all bad - as an Arizona truck, its pretty rust free and he uprated the engine to about 450HP (so he says) and it has a decent size cab.

I'll post some pics later as i've just come out of hospital after having a tumour removed, so i'm gonna have to do her up in stages.

The first thing is, when i initially picked her up from the port, she would start fine although the ignition barrel would come out! The other day however, i came to start her and there was a click (like a steering lock click) and now she just won't let me turn the key.

My first question is, is this a common problem and is it an easy fix? Plus if its the steering lock, where can i get a new one from (she's a 1983 CK1500).

Oh and the other thing is, the guy fitted a slam box transmission, but its not a seedy kinda car so somehow, i just want to cover her back to a regular auto - is this possible?

Many thanks for any replies, plus i think i may have posted in the wrong section previously so sorry if i have!

David