Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

First classic car, I really need some help!

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First classic car, I really need some help!

Hey guys, I'm extremely new to both this forum and classic cars in general. I've recently come into possession of a BEAUTIFUL classic chevy that had been worked on and restored for years. The car is in almost flawless condition and I'm in way over my head. Is there a website or a member who can help me just keep the car shining and running as good as it is now? A classic cars for dummies kind of deal. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old November 17th, 2011, 3:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee_TRE
Hey guys, I'm extremely new to both this forum and classic cars in general. I've recently come into possession of a BEAUTIFUL classic chevy that had been worked on and restored for years. The car is in almost flawless condition and I'm in way over my head. Is there a website or a member who can help me just keep the car shining and running as good as it is now? A classic cars for dummies kind of deal. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Probably, what is it? Paint, clear coat? When was it painted, engine? Small block Chevy, big block? I've some experience in this area, but you need to get alot more specific as what you have, AND what you are looking at needing done.
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to be overly specific as the car is subject to controversy with other family members. It's kind of a long story and I promise it's nothing sketchy or illegal and i'd rather them have no possibility of knowing anything about the situation. I'll give these details: Car is from the 60's. Bought in the late 80's and restored over around 10 years. It was painted in the early 90's. Small block 327. I'm not looking to work on it, but rather just keep it well maintained and serviced and clean. I guess I would say I have a little more knowledge on cars than the average driver, but not too much. So yeah, hopefully you can help me with that info hahaha.

EDIT: Also to my knowledge it is clear coat. It's definetly a glossy finish.

Last edited by Dee_TRE; November 17th, 2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old November 18th, 2011, 9:01 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Treat it like any other car, regular oil changes as needed (3000 miles) carnuba wax is best, wash, and RINSE as needed. I wax my Olds twice a year.
Old February 4th, 2013, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Does anyone have the website address where you can input your vin number and it tells you exactly what you have..63 SS impala??. I used to have it..appreciate any help
Old February 5th, 2013, 3:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIN Decoder here on Chevrolet Forum

VIN Decoder - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums