Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No Heat on the floor?

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2010, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat on the floor?

ok my heat comes out of the defrost but not out of the foor even when the **** is on floor it comes out of defrost...the heat works fine on the top by my face but not to the floor so defrost and head vents work but no heat to floor anybody have any ideas?
Old January 1st, 2011, 5:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Reply

Originally Posted by budmano63
ok my heat comes out of the defrost but not out of the foor even when the **** is on floor it comes out of defrost...the heat works fine on the top by my face but not to the floor so defrost and head vents work but no heat to floor anybody have any ideas?
I don't have any ideas.
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Luckily, this is the easiest flap to get to!

down under your dash in the middle you'll see a black box. On the driver side of that box you'll see a little gear motor. If the selector to the face vents is still working, I would assume tthat gear motor is good. The motor will have two levers attaching to it that operate a couple of flaps. One flap controls the defroster and the other does the floor to face vents. You might get lucky and find that the lever has just come disconnected, but I had to wriggle my hand way up inside the dash after disassembling it to place the flap back in it's slots.

I'm not sure what you drive, but I'm assuming that it's a similar GM configuration because it seems to be a common problem