Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Vehicle Theft Deterrent, Passlock System - All previous posted methods failed

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2015, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passlock issue

i have fuel pressure and fire. compression and timing are good, my security light comes on for a second then goes off but its like my fuel injectors are not working. could this still be a passlock issue? it wont even start for a second like the videos ive seen but it will turn over.
Old January 4th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by corndawg
i have fuel pressure and fire. compression and timing are good, my security light comes on for a second then goes off but its like my fuel injectors are not working. could this still be a passlock issue? it wont even start for a second like the videos ive seen but it will turn over.

you have a different vehicle so not everything posted will apply. the security light should come on continuously if there is a passlock event.

how much fuel pressure do you have? port poppet style fuel injectors will not open if the fuel pressure is 40psi or lower iirc.
Old February 20th, 2015, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

Nice discussion about the vehicles.
I was looking for such form where I could learn.

Last edited by leemike; February 24th, 2015 at 4:06 AM.
Old January 18th, 2022, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Hello,
I have a bit the same problem on a Chevy Express 2500, 2005 and it is killing me.
Randomnly the van doesnt start even if it crank well, most of the times after I parked it for 10-30 minutes.
Randomnly the van stall while driving. (Kind of dangerous)
Every time it happen, it doesnt start if I crank it right after, or 1 or 2 minute after, but ALWAYS start if I wait 10 minutes and start back. (passlock learning procedure???)
Note that when it is not starting it is not hesitating at ALL, and when it does start after it start right on easily and sharp-clean.
I have seen the security light 2 or 3 time but the problem happened 50 times since 2 years. more and more often.
I have unplugged and plug back the small security wire on the key cylinder and now the security light is always ON. And van is starting anyway even with the light on.

Thank for your help and time!