Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

wont start

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start

I have a chevy s10 i put gas in it at 5pm in the daylight at 11pm came out of work it will not start runs fine in the day at night it wont start
Old July 1st, 2010, 9:46 AM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you give us more information about the truck? year? engine?
Old July 9th, 2010, 8:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi nascar2448588,

Welcome to the Chevy forums.

It seems as though your battery cables may be corroded, and are affected by the change in temperature and humidity. Verdigris, a common corrosive agent with battery cables, is very sensitive to dampness and humidity.

Assuming your vehicle is more than three years old, you may want to consider changing out the big three. The grief you save may be your own.
Old July 15th, 2010, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by nascar2448588
I have a chevy s10 i put gas in it at 5pm in the daylight at 11pm came out of work it will not start runs fine in the day at night it wont start
There is no way to diagnose a vehicle over the internet.

Your best bet is to take it to a repair shop and have them diagnose the problem.

Sorry
Old July 15th, 2010, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

I tell my sisters all the time that automobiles do not run on gasoline.

If I can find a vehicle that runs on gasoline - I would buy two of them, in case one of them wore out.

Automobiles runs on tires, brakes, fuel pumps, batteries, spark plug wires, spark plugs, water pumps, power steering pumps, rack and pinion steering, ball joints, tie rod ends, sensors, belts, hoses and 1000 other things that I don't even want to get into.

If all you had to do to get somewhere was put a gallon of gasoline in the tank - like a juke box, the mechanic trade would be out of a job tomorrow.

I constantly tell them that for every dollar that they put in the tank, they need to put a dollar in the bank in case it wears out or in case it breaks - so you have money to replace it or repair it. If you wait until it quits running to repair something , chances are, by that time, it is going to cost you double to repair it.

An automobile is not a sound investment like a house or land or money in the bank. It looses money from the day you buy it till the day you get rid of it. Things breaks and things wears out. If you don't keep up on the maintenance - sooner or later, it is going to break regardless of how much gasoline is in the tank.
Old July 15th, 2010, 4:11 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

A few more details on the starting issue would help..
does it crank but not turn over?
Not starting at night gets me to thinking of a possible moisture issue with the distributor, if its cracked moisture gets in in the evening when its cooler and can cause starting issues but during the day its hotter and dryer so it starts okay.