Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

02 impala - no speaker sound or door chime

Old March 11th, 2015, 7:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaneo88
I have an 06 Impala LT and there have been a couple issues I have had regarding the front door speakers and the chime. I have had times when the front door speakers would work perfectly and then times when one or both of the front door speaker wouldn't work causing the chime to not be as loud and the radio not sounding as good as it should. The speakers on the posts in the front work just fine and so do the rear speakers. If someone could please give me some advice to what it could possibly be and how to fix it. Any advice would help alot. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Its the speakers, replace them in pairs to keep the sound balanced.
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No sure about the wiper issue. On the door chime / no radio audio, I found a bypass connector online. You unplug the speaker amp ( in the trunk ) and plug the bypass connector into cars harness. The connector has jumpers that connect the audio to the speakers. Not sure how this affect overall quality of sound, but now I can listen to radio. Only thing I noticed is the balance control on radio is now backwards.
Plug is made by Metra # 70-2021. Sold on Amazon for $12.
The following users liked this post:
Nerdtastic (November 18th, 2019)
Old February 6th, 2017, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

So I have a 2002 chevy impala ls and I put a after market headunit in my car. The radio works but I have no sound coming from my speakers and no chime for anything. Anyone have an answer for me ?
Old February 6th, 2017, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

So I have a 2002 chevy impala ls and I put a after market headunit in my car. The radio works but I have no sound coming from my speakers and no chime for anything. Anyone have an answer for me ?
Old January 13th, 2020, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

I can attest to this actually being the SAME exact issue and fix in my 2002 Impala LS. Due to other issues I'm working on right now, I just have all the wires alligator clipped from when I tested this fix. Soldering will happen later.
The same thing that happens to these orange wires can/will happen to the black bundle of wires as well. Might as well fix them before they become an issue since you're down there. I replaced the cabin filter, cleaned the area, sealed the rubber liner that had fallen into the cabin back where it goes to prevent anymore water leaking down into the floorboards. It's rained since then and my floorboards are finally NOT SOAKED!!!
Old February 11th, 2021, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Nerdtastic
I can attest to this actually being the SAME exact issue and fix in my 2002 Impala LS. Due to other issues I'm working on right now, I just have all the wires alligator clipped from when I tested this fix. Soldering will happen later.
The same thing that happens to these orange wires can/will happen to the black bundle of wires as well. Might as well fix them before they become an issue since you're down there. I replaced the cabin filter, cleaned the area, sealed the rubber liner that had fallen into the cabin back where it goes to prevent anymore water leaking down into the floorboards. It's rained since then and my floorboards are finally NOT SOAKED!!!
Can you go into a little more detail regarding your solution for the water leaking under the carpet. Please and thank you. I am well versed in auto repair so feel free to be as technical as you like. Thanks again.