Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 Impala, Do I have an A/C problem?

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2009, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Impala, Do I have an A/C problem?

HI
I have a 2002 Chevy impala. Today, driving on the interstate I had the A/C going and it was fine. After about 1 hour of driving the vents were blowing air but it was weak. Seemed the air was just blowing out very low. You could still hear the fan going strong in the dash but the pressure from the vents was very weak. After about another 15 minutes I started to hear rattling in the dash. As if there was particles or bits and pieces of trash rattling around in the dash. Then water started to drip in the car. On the passenger side from the inside. A constant drip hitting the rug near the hump of the center. This continued for about 10 minutes. Then white pieces of something shot out of the vents on the seat. When I took a second looked at the seat to see what it was they were gone. I am guessing it was little pieces of ice. After this the vents starting blowing normal and the A/C was cold and everything back to normal. It is blowing good now. What could have been caused this problem. Is this a sign that my A/C is going bad? My A/C is good and strong now.
Thanks
Old June 12th, 2009, 1:02 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the leak smell like coolant?

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; June 12th, 2009 at 1:05 AM.
Old June 12th, 2009, 9:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a condensation drain hose that comes off the blower and goes to the passenger side of the car. this is known to get clogged. im not exactly sure where the hose is but its under the passenger side of the dash somewhere.