Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2007, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Impala SS

Thanks SO much excessive.I have to get that done...i'll be doing it soon and having my bro help me. Would love to get more horsepower. =)
I just got the windows tinted yesterday and picked out some rims for it I think. Was looking into some by Boss motorsports, the 328's. AllI know is I want a chrome 5-spoke 20in rims but dont want to spend an arm and a leg to get em...
Old June 21st, 2007, 2:01 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Default K&N FILTER IS UNNECESSARY

To ExceSSive:

When I see a post that list a horsepower gain from an air filter that is backed up by a dyno test and then a bunch of links to Summit, I'm sorry but I've got to think it's somebody from Summit trying to peddle their products. The aftermarket business is big money and for the most part is just a waste of money. The Impala SS will already run faster than almost any road condition will allow. You can load a car up with all that aftermarket crap and if something goes wrong, the first thing the Dealer wants to do is blame the aftermarket add ons and void the warranty. I'm not saying the add ons caused the problem, but it gives the dealer an excuse to void your warranty and raises your hassel level. This is a fact and happensmany times a day every day. The aftermarket suppliers can say their products will not void your warranty, but they are not standing their with your when your face to face with your Dealer and your warranty gets voided, I know because I've been in that position and the aftermarket people didn't want to take any responsibility and were absolutely no help in getting my warranty back.Folks, just drive your car and enjoy it, service it when needed with quality oil and filter and save your money and sanity and stay away from all the aftermarket crap that's being peddled.
Old June 21st, 2007, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: K&N FILTER IS UNNECESSARY

Thank-you for the advice Art! I do know the risks of having a problem with the vehicle and the warranty company blaming it on an aftermarket product. I work for my uncles car dealership in the sales and finance department. Being around cars all day long really makes you want to spruce yours up and make it stand above the rest. ESPECIALLY whenIhave to compete with all the boys I work with. Haha.

I purchased an aftermarket warranty and the company goes by the service managers word on where the problem is coming from. SOI know at least i'm covered there! But the factory warranty you can not do anything about because someone at Chevy would have to look it over... I'm debating and think in my situation i'm okay with riskingit. But it definitely isn't right foreveryone.
Old July 8th, 2007, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: K&N FILTER IS UNNECESSARY

ORIGINAL: art

To ExceSSive:

When I see a post that list a horsepower gain from an air filter that is backed up by a dyno test and then a bunch of links to Summit, I'm sorry but I've got to think it's somebody from Summit trying to peddle their products. The aftermarket business is big money and for the most part is just a waste of money. The Impala SS will already run faster than almost any road condition will allow. You can load a car up with all that aftermarket crap and if something goes wrong, the first thing the Dealer wants to do is blame the aftermarket add ons and void the warranty. I'm not saying the add ons caused the problem, but it gives the dealer an excuse to void your warranty and raises your hassel level. This is a fact and happensmany times a day every day. The aftermarket suppliers can say their products will not void your warranty, but they are not standing their with your when your face to face with your Dealer and your warranty gets voided, I know because I've been in that position and the aftermarket people didn't want to take any responsibility and were absolutely no help in getting my warranty back.Folks, just drive your car and enjoy it, service it when needed with quality oil and filter and save your money and sanity and stay away from all the aftermarket crap that's being peddled.
nah i dont work for summit...im a technical salesperson/engineer here in jersey...i have many years experience with forums and over modified vehicles (i own one lol). I have found the following:

a) if you post something, you should have numbers to back it up. the numbers that I have are from k&n's website. I have a FIPK on my 99S10 and we happy with the result so i bought a similar model for the SS. Their numbers prove out correctly doing backwards math and they are afairly trustworthy company. Have I had my SS on a dyno, no. Will I, yes. after the exhaust and diablosport power tuner are purchased.

b) when someone asks about products for a vehicle, I can write a page of explanations or I can just link ya to the page and you can choose yourown adventure.

c) SEMA has lobbied congress, and won, on legislation that as long as the aftermarket parts are not interfering with the emissions control equipment the auto manufacture CANNOT void your warranty. This would include cold air intakes, cat back exhausts, computer reprogrammers, and even superchargers...put anO2 sensor simulator in and you have just voided your warranty...unless you remove it before you decide to bring it in for dealer service...

Old July 21st, 2007, 9:14 AM
Banned

Default Teflon vs. clear bra

I have used neither the teflon sealant nor the clear bra, but I'd be inclined toward the clear bra for the simple reason thta the coverage and protection are apparent. There's a film you can see. I don't think a layer of sealant would fare as well against rocks.

Anyone with actual experience on these?

Old September 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default Tire Problem

Hi Fellow SS Lovers-I just purchased a 2007 Impala SS and have had it back to the dealer 3 times for tire problems. The tires are "out of round" at higher speeds and it makes for a thumpy ride and won't allow the sensors to work properly. Did anyone else have this problem with the stock tires? I am concerned this will be an ongoing problem as we have been thru 12 tires thus far. Help and Thanks!
Old September 10th, 2007, 7:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Tire Problem

Maybe its the rim thats out of round