Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala LS - ABS/Stabilitrak/Traction Control Problems.

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2014, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala LS - ABS/Stabilitrak/Traction Control Problems.

Hello,

I originally accidentally posted in the Tahoe forum. I found this forum via a google search and I'm glad I did!

I bought this Impala from Carmax a little over a year ago at 36,000k miles and so far, other than the problem I've had with shaking, it's been a pretty good car. About a month ago, I took it in for an oil change and shortly after, I started getting an off and on ABS/Stabilitrak/Traction Control warning light on the dash as well as an off and on chime.

I've noticed recently that after I start the car nothing happens, then if I turn the wheel to the right all 3 go off until I straighten the wheel, then they go off. Then I'll turn the wheel all the way to the left and they go off again. Usually the lights and chimes will stay on for awhile while driving, but I've noticed that if before putting the car in drive, I turn the wheel hard and quickly in both directions that the lights/chimes won't come on again until I turn the car off, then back on again.

Recently, all 3 will start coming off and on quickly and the engine's power will surge. The transmission will also sometimes shift VERY rough in 1st gear.

I took the car to an O'Reilly's to get the codes read and the following codes came up (which I don't understand!)

B0100 Electronic front end sensor #1 malfunction
B0140 Air flow position feedback #2 (passenger) circuit malfunction

I've been told that they're Airbag codes?

I plan to go get the codes read again at a different place in the coming days but this much I know: Carmax charges a $400 deductible and makes you pay for a rental car out of pocket. (which I don't have right now) and Chevrolet/GM told me that the 100,000 warranty does NOT cover sensors.

What could be the problem? If it's a Wheel Speed Sensor, are they difficult to fix? Is the sensor in the hub or is it external? I'm having a VERY hard time finding information online.

Thank you!
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the helpful replies!

I think I'm just going to ditch this car and go back to Ford or possibly Honda.
Old May 30th, 2014, 8:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarImpala
Thanks for all the helpful replies!

I think I'm just going to ditch this car and go back to Ford or possibly Honda.
Hey, you're welcome!

Good luck with those "airbag codes"!!
Old June 3rd, 2014, 8:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi LoneStarImpala,

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with your Impala. It is best that you take your vehicle to a certified Chevrolet dealership for a proper diagnosis. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership name and I will be glad to contact your preferred dealership on your behalf regarding your concern. I look forward to your reply!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care