Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Suburban, 5.3L, stabilitrak/traction warning light, no ABS, runs fine, thrt body

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2015, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Suburban, 5.3L, stabilitrak/traction warning light, no ABS, runs fine, thrt body

Code seems to be produced only after vehicle moves. Will sit idle with no warning lamp. As soon as vehicle moves, both traction control and stabilitrak service is requested in dash. ABS warning does not light and engine otherwise does not present any issues.

I so far have verified brake fluid is full and ABS sensors are all plugged in and reseated and do not appear to have any issues.

I have read countless issues with this system but seems many are having to do with engine problems.

I don't have a scan tool to grab body codes but Engine TB is showing 20% throttle at idle and not running WOT shows a max of 83%. I am curious if this could be an issue? I know the TB was replaced a year ago or so and I think this warning has been an issue about that long. Could be unrelated but....
Old May 11th, 2015, 5:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fastline
Code seems to be produced only after vehicle moves. Will sit idle with no warning lamp. As soon as vehicle moves, both traction control and stabilitrak service is requested in dash. ABS warning does not light and engine otherwise does not present any issues.

I so far have verified brake fluid is full and ABS sensors are all plugged in and reseated and do not appear to have any issues.

I have read countless issues with this system but seems many are having to do with engine problems.

I don't have a scan tool to grab body codes but Engine TB is showing 20% throttle at idle and not running WOT shows a max of 83%. I am curious if this could be an issue? I know the TB was replaced a year ago or so and I think this warning has been an issue about that long. Could be unrelated but....
Hi Fastline,

Very sorry for this unexpected concern with your Suburban. If you need any assistance with this further and are considering a trip to the dealership, feel free to shoot me a private message. I'm always happy to do my best!

Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:32 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks but I have no intention of visiting a stealership unless someone bags and gags me first. Being in the engineering field, I find it beyond frustrating to be directed to spend hundreds/hr to have someone that may barely know how to use a multimeter tell me what is supposedly wrong with my vehicle.

I really feel if GM customer care actually "cared" they would offer us owners the same level of information they give their dealers such as target voltage values and wiring maps that actually make sense.

These systems are complex but not that complicated. GM is who wants us to believe they are SO complicated that no one but a dealer could ever repair it.

I know for certain GM is sitting on tech advice from the thousands of others that got fixed but I assume I will be forced to go borrow a tech II, pull the body codes, and review the live sensor data and determine what is flagging it on my own. It might take me a few hours but I know I won't be billing myself for a new ECM, BCM, ABS mod, 4 wheel sensors, etc to "chase" the problem.

I apologize if others get the brunt of my frustration with new vehicles today. Build it right so it does not break or release the proper tech data so others can at least fix their problems without resorting to the funnel of love we call the stealership....
Old May 12th, 2015, 3:30 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by fastline
Thanks but I have no intention of visiting a stealership unless someone bags and gags me first. Being in the engineering field, I find it beyond frustrating to be directed to spend hundreds/hr to have someone that may barely know how to use a multimeter tell me what is supposedly wrong with my vehicle.

I really feel if GM customer care actually "cared" they would offer us owners the same level of information they give their dealers such as target voltage values and wiring maps that actually make sense.

These systems are complex but not that complicated. GM is who wants us to believe they are SO complicated that no one but a dealer could ever repair it.

I know for certain GM is sitting on tech advice from the thousands of others that got fixed but I assume I will be forced to go borrow a tech II, pull the body codes, and review the live sensor data and determine what is flagging it on my own. It might take me a few hours but I know I won't be billing myself for a new ECM, BCM, ABS mod, 4 wheel sensors, etc to "chase" the problem.

I apologize if others get the brunt of my frustration with new vehicles today. Build it right so it does not break or release the proper tech data so others can at least fix their problems without resorting to the funnel of love we call the stealership....

GM is in the business of selling cars not fixing them That said at least GM does have eyes and ears in these forums , so your words are heard (read)

If you have not already, I would suggest a subscription to Alldatadiy they give you access to the factory service manual information for about $15 a year and multiple years are even cheaper and you can access it anywhere now I haven't seen schematics listed but then I have not looked for them.. the other option is getting the factory service manuals on DVD from Helm Inc....
Old May 12th, 2015, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks or the reply. Yes, I should grab up the books and review.

What frustrates me is GM tech dept can probably tell me what is going on in 5min.... I know this because I used to have a contact there and due to my electrical background, we were able to pinpoint issues in minutes. I returned the favor by submitting my findings and root cause so that data could be later used to help others.