Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala LT Questions

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2011, 7:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala LT Questions

Just purchased about a month ago and I have been very happy with it after almost 5000km so far. A couple nit-picky questions though....

I've noticed fairly lazy shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Will this remedy itself over time, or is this normal?

When I hit "Resume" on the cruise control, the car is very slow to accelerate to the preset speed, almost to the point where I've stopped using it. Is their a service bulletin for this? Maybe it needs a reprogramming?

If I'm making the switch to synthetic, how do I tell the oil life indicator that this has been done? Is this done through OnStar?

Is there a way to have the Traction Control automatically deactivated upon startup and only turn on when I manually activate it?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 4th, 2012, 8:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PG2676
Just purchased about a month ago and I have been very happy with it after almost 5000km so far. A couple nit-picky questions though....

I've noticed fairly lazy shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Will this remedy itself over time, or is this normal?

When I hit "Resume" on the cruise control, the car is very slow to accelerate to the preset speed, almost to the point where I've stopped using it. Is their a service bulletin for this? Maybe it needs a reprogramming?

If I'm making the switch to synthetic, how do I tell the oil life indicator that this has been done? Is this done through OnStar?

Is there a way to have the Traction Control automatically deactivated upon startup and only turn on when I manually activate it?

Thanks in advance.
Since it's a 2011, I'd go to the dealer about the shifting issues and the resume on your cruise.

Regarding your oil, no, OnStar doesn't have anything to do with that. You'll need to reset the oil life monitor in the driver information center on the dash. It doesn't give you any information that you've changed the type of oil, only the intervals.

The traction control can't be turned off as far as I know. I was in a near fatal crash this past December in a car without it...and I could have purchased the car with that option. Believe me....leave that traction control alone!!!

Rick