Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2013, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2011 Impala stabilitrak

I have a 2011 Impala and when leaving work today the message came up that the stabilitrak needs serviced and engine was driving in lower speeds as well as the engine light coming and staying on. When I turned the car off the messages went away. However, the engine light stayed on. First, I would like to know is it covered under the 5year/100,000 power train warranty or is there anything I can do to resolve the problem.
Old March 14th, 2013, 4:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

coverage will depend on what the problem is.

You need to get the powertrain codes read and diagnosed. A fault with this system will set the ses light and disable the tcs and set messages in the d.i.c.
Old March 15th, 2013, 2:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> acarman,

“tech2” is correct; coverage will depend on what is causing the issue.

I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for additional information.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala Stabilitrak issue

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> acarman,

“tech2” is correct; coverage will depend on what is causing the issue.

I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for additional information.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Hello Louis,

I am having the same issue with the Stabilitrak /Engine reduced power.

Driving on the California freeway it suddenly cut power to 15 mi /h and I nearly was hit by two cars.

I don't have time nor a lot of money to weed through what the problem "could" be.

I have a mechanic I have used faithfully since purchase and honestly this is the first real issue in 2 years. I truly love my Impala and don't want to leave the Chevy family.

He's not sure what the exact issue is- could be throttle.

Suggestions?
Budget: $500.00